Sundance Shell The Same From 2000 To Present?

stillme

We went out and wet tested some spas today (Limelight, HotSprings, Bullfrog). I found the Hotsprings to be very difficult for me to sit in, I float! The Bullfrog was by far the best choice out of those. The place we were at might have a used Sundance Optima that we could purchase, but they don't service those and we didn't wet test any Sundances. The cost would be far below a new Bullfrog (the 362 for $6,849...with a sale coming up that will take $500 off of that, is this price reasonable? there is only one Dealer in our state). There is a Sundance dealer that we can go to to wet test. Can anyone tell me if a Sundance spa that was made in the year 1999 or 2000 would have the same seating (shell) as the new Optimas that we would find in a show room? I have back problems and am needing a spa to help with therapy. The Bullfrog felt wonderful and I think because we didn't need to have all the jets on at once, I didn't float as much. I was also able to put my feet against the side, so that helped. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I wet tested a optima and a BullFrog 462 back to back as this dealer sold both. He really wanted to sell me the optima 08 model because I think he wants to deal only in the Bullfrog. I thought I was going to like the otima but loved the BF. Now I have one on order. My 462 is going to be $7600 after the rebate.

Can anyone tell me if a Sundance spa that was made in the year 1999 or 2000 would have the same seating (shell) as the new Optimas that we would find in a show room?

The optima has been redesigned a few times since 1999, the 2009 models seating layout is very different from even the 2008 models.

I wet tested a optima and a BullFrog 462 back to back as this dealer sold both. He really wanted to sell me the optima 08 model because I think he wants to deal only in the Bullfrog. I thought I was going to like the otima but loved the BF. Now I have one on order. My 462 is going to be $7600 after the rebate.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I plan to test an Optima to see what I think. I found the 362 for only $5,200 at another dealer (before the $500 rebate). The price seems very good to me. What specifically did you like about the Bullfrog better?

Can anyone tell me if a Sundance spa that was made in the year 1999 or 2000 would have the same seating (shell) as the new Optimas that we would find in a show room?

The optima has been redesigned a few times since 1999, the 2009 models seating layout is very different from even the 2008 models.

Thank you. I called the Sundance dealer and learned the same type of info as you shared.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I plan to test an Optima to see what I think. I found the 362 for only $5,200 at another dealer (before the $500 rebate). The price seems very good to me. What specifically did you like about the Bullfrog better?

As for the Optima, the jets were ok and seating was fair, but this is my opinion. This is the reason why wet testing is so important. I wet tested a Hot Spring Envoy and did not like it, I floated in the lounger and the other seats jets were good to fair. (moto is great by the way).

What I liked about the BF is the ability to have both pumps on high or low. Very quiet on low and give a nice swirling of the water. I aslo like the choice in jetpaks. I need to pick out four and only have one that I know for sure. My dealer is going to let me have a few jetpaks to borrow and use them in my tub to see which ones I like. I may buy an extra jetpak but do not like the idea of changing them around once I figure out which ones and where I want them. As to the BF 462 the seat just seemed to fit me so well(6'1") and each seat is at a little different angle and height. It also has wrist, calf, and foot jets that I liked. No diverters to deal with. Hope this helps. Let us know what you find with your wet testing.