Aquapure Replacement

MarkB

The cell is about 5 yrs. old.

I know the cell is at that critical replacement age. I'm at a point where I'm trying to decide if I neeed to throw money at this 1400 or start over with a new unit. All the components really add up. So far I only have a flow sensor into this 5 yr. old system.

Only one flow sensor in 5 years? I think thats good. Replace the cell.

If you're keeping the unit that is.

I agree, it would make my selling to the customer easier too.

Great forum and thanks for all the information. I am having a problem with my 4 year old aquapure 1400.

It is not producing chlorine and the flow indicator does not light up. After it runs for 15 min or so, I get service codes of 171 and 186.

My pool guy said it was probably the flow sensor and replaced it, however, the problem remains. He said it's probably the PCB front board as per the manual service codes.

Is there a way to check the PCB front board to make sure that it's the problem? I don't want to pay $300 and find that there is something else wrong. Thank you so much for any help.

I am a do it yourselfer, so I'm not afraid to take things apart, use a meter, etc.

Joe

I agree, it would make my selling to the customer easier too.

Great forum and thanks for all the information. I am having a problem with my 4 year old aquapure 1400.

It is not producing chlorine and the flow indicator does not light up. After it runs for 15 min or so, I get service codes of 171 and 186.

My pool guy said it was probably the flow sensor and replaced it, however, the problem remains. He said it's probably the PCB front board as per the manual service codes.

Is there a way to check the PCB front board to make sure that it's the problem? I don't want to pay $300 and find that there is something else wrong. Thank you so much for any help.

I am a do it yourselfer, so I'm not afraid to take things apart, use a meter, etc.

Joe

Sorry I made an error on previous post, it was service codes 172 and 186. I just ran a test on the front board and the temperatures were off by 2 degrees on both and salinity was off by .2 Does this mean the front board is bad? I'm not sure if it needs to be exactly what the manual states or within a few degrees, etc.

Thanks for any help.