Spa Light

mag357

I have a Jandy spa light in my spa, (white only), is it difficult to change the bulb?

No it pretty simple. If installed correctly with water in the spa. Turn the power off. There should be a screw near the center of the lights outer ring. Loosen the screw and it should come out of the niche with enough cord to reach the spa deck. You could also drain the spa. With the light out there is a band with a bolt or screws that hold it together. Remove that and now you have access to the bulb. Replace the bulb with a exact same rating. If it halogen bulb do not touch it with bare hands.

Reassemble the light asseambly, but before putting it back into the niche hold under some water and look for air bubbles. No bubbles wrap the cord around it and return it the light niche. if you have air bubbles or the inside of the light in damp, you will need to replace the gasket

I have a Jandy spa light in my spa, (white only), is it difficult to change the bulb?

No it pretty simple. If installed correctly with water in the spa. Turn the power off. There should be a screw near the center of the lights outer ring. Loosen the screw and it should come out of the niche with enough cord to reach the spa deck. You could also drain the spa. With the light out there is a band with a bolt or screws that hold it together. Remove that and now you have access to the bulb. Replace the bulb with a exact same rating. If it halogen bulb do not touch it with bare hands.

Reassemble the light asseambly, but before putting it back into the niche hold under some water and look for air bubbles. No bubbles wrap the cord around it and return it the light niche. if you have air bubbles or the inside of the light in damp, you will need to replace the gasket

Thanks very much for your reply, sounds simple enough. I have to make sure and get the right bulb.

Thanks again for your help.

I don't have very much luck with the lens gaskets after they have been tightened down once. You might want to change it just to be sure. You can also change the wattage if you don't like getting blasted by the 4 or 5 hundred watt bulb. You can get 100 watt bulbs (flood light type). It tones down the brightness a bit and matches better (brightness) with the pool light when you use them both.