Waterfall Lighting

Liebo11

Hey guys whats up? I've been trying to think of how to light my waterfall at night . . . I got one suggestion to go to a holiday store and get some lights then string them through some clear plastic tubing like christmas lights sort of . . . I kind of want to put a fiber optics type light under the cracks of the rocks but dont' want to spend that much money . . . what do you guys think?

Waterfall lighting...... that's ALWAYS a tricky situation. Although I've never tried the christmas light technique (there's probably a reason why that's not commercialized - seems like a safety hazard in one way or another) IT does sound cool. Seems like a cheap way.

IF you are wanting to do it professionally - there are really only a few ways. Fiber optics are always a great way to go, but you've already found out the price for a basic system - OUCH! As a Landscape Company in Phoenix, we deal with this situation a ton. For our higher in projects, lighting is VERY important, and for lower end jobs, it's the first thing that goes. For something as important as a custom waterfall, then it's up to the owner.

For starters, we use low-voltage a TON. A simple underwater nautical brass light can have incredible effects on our waterfalls in Phoenix ! See some pics and examples there. These lights can be found at the local contractor supply company - or probably online now-a-days. I prefer FX Lights , they have some new underwater fixtures, small too - so they don't stand out. Also, FOCUS has a really small underwater light - here. I've used FOCUS forever, and they are great.

I guess i'm assuming you have a ROCK waterfall - if this is not the case - send me a pic, and i'll look through my files and see what i may have similar, and how it's lit up! Good luck!

Arizona Pool Builder & Landscaper

Phoenix, AZ :D

Hey guys whats up? I've been trying to think of how to light my waterfall at night . . . I got one suggestion to go to a holiday store and get some lights then string them through some clear plastic tubing like christmas lights sort of . . . I kind of want to put a fiber optics type light under the cracks of the rocks but dont' want to spend that much money . . . what do you guys think?

perhaps send a couple of pictures

there are plpenty of applications and galleries on my sites, and we also do a lot of custom work, could recommend a oucple of ways to do it