Surge Protector For Spas?

rentit

I have a HS Vanguard. I'm just wandering if it is a smart idea to install some sort of surge protector on the power line(s) going to the spa?

If so, what kind are people using?

Everyone I talked to that has one, they all failed and did not protect the spa. The power companies are pretty good but I know things happen. If it lightning you are worried about, have a good earth ground. Lightning will do more than just fry a spa if it hits close

I have a HS Vanguard. I'm just wandering if it is a smart idea to install some sort of surge protector on the power line(s) going to the spa?

If so, what kind are people using?

Everyone I talked to that has one, they all failed and did not protect the spa. The power companies are pretty good but I know things happen. If it lightning you are worried about, have a good earth ground. Lightning will do more than just fry a spa if it hits close

we had a very good electrical install with a separate box for gfci and separate electrical disconnect outside, we recently had a major lightning strike close by, where the gfci tripped and I popped a fuse on the genesis bromine generator (go figure) but everything else on the spa was fine...don't know if that helps, but that's the idea of having a rroperly installed gfci, it's not asurge supressor per say, but the idea is current leaking back to earth - trip. Unless you have really crappy power quality, just get a properly wired gfci.