Jacuzzi J-325 Opinions?

Sepp

Hi - I just found this forum; hopefully not too late.

Last week, I ordered our first hot tub, a Jacuzzi J-325. It was a 4th July sale (ended last week) and I paid 6.2K for the tub incl. cover, stairs, ozon system, and startup pack of chemicals (chlorine). I liked the small dimensions of the tub (I did not want it to dominate the backyard).

It will be delivered in 4 weeks, and now I am preparing the space where it is supposed to go. For a pad, I think that I will order EZ Pads, which should provide a nice support. I will be running a 240V, 40A line to the piece, so that I can run it at full power (the 110V option has issues, I think).

Besides that, I am pretty happy with my buy, but I would like to hear opinions of others, what they think of the J-325, and of the Jacuzzi brand? I honestly did not shop around a lot - I went with a local dealer who has been around for several decades. A year ago, we checked out I think Coleman tubs and they told us that they were the best (somehow I did not believe that). The Jacuzzi seems to be higher quality, but that said, I am a complete newbie...

Thanks,

- S

Hi - I just found this forum; hopefully not too late.

Last week, I ordered our first hot tub, a Jacuzzi J-325. It was a 4th July sale (ended last week) and I paid 6.2K for the tub incl. cover, stairs, ozon system, and startup pack of chemicals (chlorine). I liked the small dimensions of the tub (I did not want it to dominate the backyard).

It will be delivered in 4 weeks, and now I am preparing the space where it is supposed to go. For a pad, I think that I will order EZ Pads, which should provide a nice support. I will be running a 240V, 40A line to the piece, so that I can run it at full power (the 110V option has issues, I think).

Besides that, I am pretty happy with my buy, but I would like to hear opinions of others, what they think of the J-325, and of the Jacuzzi brand? I honestly did not shop around a lot - I went with a local dealer who has been around for several decades. A year ago, we checked out I think Coleman tubs and they told us that they were the best (somehow I did not believe that). The Jacuzzi seems to be higher quality, but that said, I am a complete newbie...

Thanks,

- S

I have a J-325, honestly I think it's a pretty nice tub...but I have a biased opinion due to the fact I own one. I have had it for about 6 months, with no problems...until yesterday....My circ pump bought the farm, but I am pretty sure that is just an anomaly.

The pros:

Nice tub, seems to be built with a high level of quality.

deep seats, great for soaking and in winter

seems big inside compared to other brand's tubs, Jacuzzi seems generous with personal space, tons of leg room even with 5-6 people in. (yup, I know it's only a 4-5 person)

simple operation

simple design, not too many bells & whistles, less to break, very easy to trouble shoot.

The cons:

Deep seats, short people can't sit in there without sitting on their legs. (have a friend who is 5'4", she struggles in the tub)

No frills. (except for the waterfall)

sometimes dthe cabinet resonates slightly with the circ pump on....a little adhesive behind the slats will cure that.

Seems to be a good tub overall, if the circ pump issue is ongoing I will have a different opinion shortly.

Seems to be a good tub overall, if the circ pump issue is ongoing I will have a different opinion shortly.

Wouldn't the warranty take care of that? The guy here said, "just give us a call and we come out and fix it".

Thank you for your assessment. I am glad that a J-325 owner posted.

Are you running it on 110V, 240 30A, or 240 40A?

Any thoughts about my plan of putting it on plastic spa pads?

Wouldn't the warranty take care of that? The guy here said, "just give us a call and we come out and fix it".

Thank you for your assessment. I am glad that a J-325 owner posted.

Are you running it on 110V, 240 30A, or 240 40A?

Any thoughts about my plan of putting it on plastic spa pads?

Yes, the warranty should take care of it, but my dealer was bought out and the new guy is a douche.....I may be putting it together myself.

I am running 240 with 60 amp service. This allows me to upgrade to almost any spa my heart desires with out a re-wire. It was only about $50 more to do the 60 amp service (bigger wire), and to re-do it once it is in would be about $400...so I went with more power.

The bottom is a one piece molded tray, I would not worry about putting it on spa pads.

We purchased our Jacuzzi 365 in April, installed mid may. Zero issues so far, its not the 325 you speak of but the same brand, in our searching we liked the Jacuzzi tubs the best. I also installed my tub on spa pads, no issues at all, super easy, clear out the sod, put a bit of a base if needed (they say you dont need to but depending on how level you have to do some leveling anyhow so a bit of crushed gravel is not to bad.

Only thing i am not 100% sold on is the proclear chemical system (Nature 2). It seems simple but i find i actually mess with the water more with this then i did in my old tub with Bromine. But the jury is still out, the wife likes it as there is virtually zero chemical smell.

Overall been happy with my Jacuzzi brand tub so far, and we have a great dealer.

• 11 years later...

I loved the Jacuzzi 325 I bought in 2017 until it stopped working three months ago. Seized pump and two other issues. Three failures after three years. Not a good look. Allegedly fixable under warranty but the reseller claims he has no spare parts. Odd, as I easily found J 325  pumps on Google.

For the last three months I’ve been staring at an $8K hole in the ground filled with dirty water. It’s all immensely aggravating. 

I wouldn’t recommend this product