Price Check 2009 Sundance Optima Or Hot Springs Vanguard

Hi there,

Very new to the hot tub world and I've been reading posts here for the last few weeks trying to get opinions on different spas. I think we've narrowed our choice down to either Sundance or Hot Springs due to the proximity of those dealers along with the general good feeling we got from both places. We haven't wet tested anything yet, that is coming the next week or so.

Anyways, I'm trying to get a comparison of the prices quoted to see if they are in line with this region of the country.

The Sundance dealer quoted me $9800 for a 2009 Optima with ozone, cover, cover lifter, chemicals and delivery. No sound system at that price. This is a "sale" price because of the "Vacation at Home" sales event Sundance is running until July 12th.

I don't remember the exact price but the Hot Springs dealer was somewhere around $9000 for the 2009 Vanguard. Not sure everything that was included but I know it did not include the sound system.

I live in the Southern NH area and want to know if these prices seem high or is this around the best I'll be able to do here.

Thanks,

Mark

p.s. Price is of course just 1 factor in which tub we will buy, the way it feels will be number 1 but price is very high on the list. :)

I just purchased a 2009 Hot Springs Vanguard in S.E. Texas for $8500 :D

No taxes, had a physicians prescription for "hydrotherapy".

Price included chemical start-up kit, cover, steps, cover lifter, installation, delivery, and the 220 box.

Customer is responsible for having the electrical work done, my brother-in-law did this for us so only cost $200 in wiring.

We used 24"x24" concrete pavers for an 8'x8' "pad" and it is working perfectly and cost under $200.

I highly recommend this spa, I did NOT want a lounger and definitely had to have the moto-massage!

I never looked at a Vanguard, but we took delivery of a 2009 Optima 2 weeks ago. We are very satisfied with our decision. We only wet-tested the Optima as the other 2 available for us to test had features we didn't care for. Also, the dealer up the road had Artesian and Hot Springs tubs, but he was pretty dismissive when we were looking, so that ended that ("we don't have literature, go look at our website").

We've had our above ground pool now for over 12 years, and I want my spa to last the same way, so I went with one of the premium brands. The kids are older now, and the pool gets very little use, so the spa was the natural progression for us. The pool will come down in the next year or two.

I never looked at a Vanguard, but we took delivery of a 2009 Optima 2 weeks ago. We are very satisfied with our decision. We only wet-tested the Optima as the other 2 available for us to test had features we didn't care for. Also, the dealer up the road had Artesian and Hot Springs tubs, but he was pretty dismissive when we were looking, so that ended that ("we don't have literature, go look at our website").

We've had our above ground pool now for over 12 years, and I want my spa to last the same way, so I went with one of the premium brands. The kids are older now, and the pool gets very little use, so the spa was the natural progression for us. The pool will come down in the next year or two.

So can I ask what you paid for your Optima? And what area do you live in?

Thanks!

So can I ask what you paid for your Optima? And what area do you live in?

Thanks!

Around $11k with radio, ozonator, nature 2 cartridge, startup chemicals, step, cover lifter, tax, and delivery. Delivery guys installed everything. We're in the Chicago area.

• 3 weeks later...
I just purchased a 2009 Hot Springs Vanguard in S.E. Texas for $8500 :D

No taxes, had a physicians prescription for "hydrotherapy".

Price included chemical start-up kit, cover, steps, cover lifter, installation, delivery, and the 220 box.

Customer is responsible for having the electrical work done, my brother-in-law did this for us so only cost $200 in wiring.

We used 24"x24" concrete pavers for an 8'x8' "pad" and it is working perfectly and cost under $200.

I highly recommend this spa, I did NOT want a lounger and definitely had to have the moto-massage!

Frazzled, what store in SE Texas.