What To Use To Clean The Walls Of Hot Tub

robin4747

my tub is currently empty and i would like to clean the walls and seats before i refill. i don't have any hot tub products in the house for this job. is there any household cleaner i can use to do this that will not harm interior lines, heater, etc of tub?

Use rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol on real acrylic.

Use some pH down on a terry clothe wet wrag to remove calcium deposits at the water line.

Rise well to get the acid reduced before you fill the tub.

Windex on the majority of the shell is great.

Then finish with Gel Gloss on any finish.

Use rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol on real acrylic.

Use some pH down on a terry clothe wet wrag to remove calcium deposits at the water line.

Rise well to get the acid reduced before you fill the tub.

Windex on the majority of the shell is great.

Then finish with Gel Gloss on any finish.

Windex made my water foamy.

pH down is nothing more than Baking Soda, FYI!

Windex made my water foamy.

pH down is nothing more than Baking Soda, FYI!

pH Down is an acid. And I forgot to say that you sould wear rubber household gloves when you use it because it can burn skin.

Windex works great, you need to wipe it dry like on glass.

pH Down is an acid. And I forgot to say that you sould wear rubber household gloves when you use it because it can burn skin.

Windex works great, you need to wipe it dry like on glass.

thanks for all the info. i will try the windex. but i also appreciate the info on baking soda. i used to use it in my old tub but did not want to make any mistakes in the new tub. so do you feel i can really substitute the baking soda for the ph up. or is it better to use the ph up that is sold for hot tubs?

thanks for all the info. i will try the windex. but i also appreciate the info on baking soda. i used to use it in my old tub but did not want to make any mistakes in the new tub. so do you feel i can really substitute the baking soda for the ph up. or is it better to use the ph up that is sold for hot tubs?

Ooops! Sorry! Of course Sodium Bicarb is baking soda is Spa up!

I misread by a word.

Robin, the "Spa up" bottle I had said "100% sodium bicarbonate" and my Arm and Hammer says 100% sodium bicarbonate.

I've been using it for a month now, following the same directions as "spa up" with excelllent results.

SOooo much cheaper!!

I wish there was a grocery shelf alternanative to Spa down.

I heard Borax somewhere, but I couldn't get that confirmed here.

• 4 weeks later...

my tub is currently empty and i would like to clean the walls and seats before i refill. i don't have any hot tub products in the house for this job. is there any household cleaner i can use to do this that will not harm interior lines, heater, etc of tub?

"Fantastic" works great. I would not use anything with detergent.

• 4 weeks later...