No Flow And Cell Reversing On Jandy Aquapure 1400

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is my front board fried or should I still try replacing the flow sensor first?

Thanks!

Get a sensor.

I am so thankful I found this forum and in particular this thread. I have been getting similar error codes (120 and now 121) on my unit for the past couple of weeks. Following the technician repair manual that was posted (thank you very much), I believe I have a bad cell. I have DC voltages of 33.6 volts from the control board to the cell and my reading across test point 4 and 5 is only 27 mVolts. I just hate spending $500 on a new cell if that really isn't the problem. What does everyone think? Thanks for any help and advice.

Hi folks,

FYI and reading enjoyment.

Here's the AquaPure Troubleshooting guide. It contains more error code details than the manual, shows some board tests, advanced features and step by step troubleshooting flowchart.

AquaPure troubleshooting manual

I just bought a replacement 3 PORT unit for my old 2 port one, re-plumbed and installed. Now getting the magic 172/185 code "flow salinity sensor temperature probe error codes".

I'm on my 15th minute of hold for Jandy tech support (once again) to see if there are further tests I can run or if the flow sensor is defective as suggested in the manual.

Arrrgh

Thanks for the Manual. Very helpful!

Hi folks,

FYI and reading enjoyment.

Here's the AquaPure Troubleshooting guide. It contains more error code details than the manual, shows some board tests, advanced features and step by step troubleshooting flowchart.

AquaPure troubleshooting manual

I just bought a replacement 3 PORT unit for my old 2 port one, re-plumbed and installed. Now getting the magic 172/185 code "flow salinity sensor temperature probe error codes".

I'm on my 15th minute of hold for Jandy tech support (once again) to see if there are further tests I can run or if the flow sensor is defective as suggested in the manual.

Arrrgh

I noticed CL production a little low so I cleaned the cell. After a while I checked the panel and wouldn't you know it a "NO FLOW' displayed on lcd. The only light "ON" was green power light. Hung out and watched the display for a few minutes and "Flow" light would come on with "Cell Reversing" light for about 2 seconds and go off. Then a few minutes later "Cell On" with "Flow" light and do the exact same thing, went off right away. I know it turns on cell and flow at times because everytime I walk past it I have a habit of looking at the thing! The panel was blank for a few minutes straight. No codes are displayed. I guess that explains the low CL.

Is flow Sensor failing???

Pool Clown, I have the same issue with my sensor Error 172. Some days I have flow going through and produce some CL other days it displays no flow. I have ran all tests and know I have to replace either the sensor or front board but before spending the money I want to be sure what part is defective. The front panel test dispalys -- instead of 2.8 for first test and HH for the last two. However I'm not 100% sure if it's the front board. Searched everywhere to see if these results confirm bad board. How reliable is the front board test?

I noticed CL production a little low so I cleaned the cell. After a while I checked the panel and wouldn't you know it a "NO FLOW' displayed on lcd. The only light "ON" was green power light. Hung out and watched the display for a few minutes and "Flow" light would come on with "Cell Reversing" light for about 2 seconds and go off. Then a few minutes later "Cell On" with "Flow" light and do the exact same thing, went off right away. I know it turns on cell and flow at times because everytime I walk past it I have a habit of looking at the thing! The panel was blank for a few minutes straight. No codes are displayed. I guess that explains the low CL.

Is flow Sensor failing???

Unplug the sensor and see if the display comes back. Its probably your sensor, sometimes it will mess with the display like that.

Pool Clown, I have the same issue with my sensor Error 172. Some days I have flow going through and produce some CL other days it displays no flow. I have ran all tests and know I have to replace either the sensor or front board but before spending the money I want to be sure what part is defective. The front panel test dispalys -- instead of 2.8 for first test and HH for the last two. However I'm not 100% sure if it's the front board. Searched everywhere to see if these results confirm bad board. How reliable is the front board test?

I believe you too have a sensor failure. That seems to be happening to me alot too out in the field.

Maybe these flow sensors fail more in hot weather. What's strange is, now that I have been keeping a close eye on my 1400's panel today, it didn't act up at all. Anytime the filter is on, the "FLOW" light should ALWAYS be lit when there is water flow correct?

Maybe these flow sensors fail more in hot weather. What's strange is, now that I have been keeping a close eye on my 1400's panel today, it didn't act up at all. Anytime the filter is on, the "FLOW" light should ALWAYS be lit when there is water flow correct?

It may not come on until the unit has finished with it's self diag / boot up (aprox. 4 min.).

Yes, if the unit is working correctly.

Thanks. Now if only Jandy could of told me that the other day. Waited forever on hold to ask them about how the display panel should read and if any changes or upgrades were made to the 1400 flow sensors. They said the sensor is the same as far as plugging in to replace old one. Right when I told the guy about the no flow on the display, he was quick to say "yeah... it's probably the flow sensor". Plus, you said that you replaced lots of them also.

I own a Chloromatic II thats doing the same Shiz to me too. So i'm just running it and keeping an eye on it.

I've had this rash of sensor failures since last fall. So I'm not sure about the temp thing.

I don't think that i have replaced any replacements yet, so thats good.

I'm having similar problems with my Aquapur 1400. I'm getting error codes 125 and 194. I'm confused by the troubleshooting manual, though. The explanation for 194 is "Cell Current is 85% lower than desired and cell voltage above 19V (generates 125 code -Cell dirty or needs replacement).". Does this mean that the low current can create a "false" code 125 or does it mean that either of these codes means the cell needs to be replaced?

I have the old 2-port cell which means I'll be re-plumbing so I'm trying to avoid this at all costs. I've washed the cell, cleaned the sensor, etc. but keep getting the same error codes.

Also, I have the black union fittings on my old cell. Will these work with the new cell? I hope so because whomever built my pool left me 3/8" from the end of the union to an automated 3-way valve. Won't be room to cut out the old piece and attach a new piece without removing the valve. I've heard the threads on the new 3-port design might not fit the old union nut.

I'm getting error codes 125 and 194. I'm confused by the troubleshooting manual, though. The explanation for 194 is "Cell Current is 85% lower than desired and cell voltage above 19V (generates 125 code -Cell dirty or needs replacement).". Does this mean that the low current can create a "false" code 125 or does it mean that either of these codes means the cell needs to be replaced?

Both codes are telling you to check the cell. So neither is false code. A symptom of a 194 could be from a dirty cell.

I have the old 2-port cell which means I'll be re-plumbing so I'm trying to avoid this at all costs.

You aren't forced to buy the new cell configuration. You may still purchase the cell only type.

I've washed the cell, cleaned the sensor, etc. but keep getting the same error codes.

There are two ways to clean the cell. Are you shooting water at the cell? Or are you giving the cell an acid solution soaking?

Also, I have the black union fittings on my old cell. Will these work with the new cell? I hope so because whomever built my pool left me 3/8" from the end of the union to an automated 3-way valve. Won't be room to cut out the old piece and attach a new piece without removing the valve. I've heard the threads on the new 3-port design might not fit the old union nut.

Where is the union ring? Is it on the cell? Or is the ring on the plumbing?

I'm getting error codes 125 and 194. I'm confused by the troubleshooting manual, though. The explanation for 194 is "Cell Current is 85% lower than desired and cell voltage above 19V (generates 125 code -Cell dirty or needs replacement).". Does this mean that the low current can create a "false" code 125 or does it mean that either of these codes means the cell needs to be replaced?

Both codes are telling you to check the cell. So neither is false code. A symptom of a 194 could be from a dirty cell.

I have the old 2-port cell which means I'll be re-plumbing so I'm trying to avoid this at all costs.

You aren't forced to buy the new cell configuration. You may still purchase the cell only type.

[/color]I have been unable to find the old 2-port design. I can only find the 3-port design. If you know where I can get my hands on the old design I'd be happy to know where.

I've washed the cell, cleaned the sensor, etc. but keep getting the same error codes.

There are two ways to clean the cell. Are you shooting water at the cell? Or are you giving the cell an acid solution soaking?

Acid soaked it two different times, two cycles each time.

Where is the union ring? Is it on the cell? Or is the ring on the plumbing?

Ring is on the plumbing; threads on the cell.

Thanks for your help.

Wait a minute, just read the title of this thread. Your unit is displaying no flow? You may have two problems here...

No, I'm not getting a no flow error. Sorry for the confusion. I get the "General Fault" or something like that on my PDA and then when I open up the box, I get the two codes above. So everything above is still valid, but I'm not getting no flow.

Wondering if I can still get a cell to replace my old square one. I've looked high and low and can't find one. Everyone tells me that the threads on the new one won't fit the union either.

I believe you too have a sensor failure. That seems to be happening to me alot too out in the field.

Hi Pool Clown (or Sly, El Neno or Las Vegas Lizard),

Looks like you have been a big help to others. I am receiving error codes 172 & 186 and went through the service troubleshooting guide. For the 4-5 backboard am recieving 0 mVDC vs 120 and on K_H .12 vs 120. With sensor disconnected with temp/salinity/ up or down buttons both give HH whereas it should be 91. With the sensor connected though it gives HH for down and 91 for up, whereas the Troubleshooting Front Board page say it should be 91 for down. The 172/186 flow chart page does not specify whether the sensor should be connected or not, so with sensor connected, and up arrow, I got 91 so answered no to HH or 32.

Although I am logical, these instructions seem to indicate both the front panel and flow sensor are bad, for example gives right 91 reading for up with sensor connected, but front board troubleshooting says sensor disconnected and down arrow.

Found best internet sensor price at $144 plus $13 ground shipping on discountpoolmart.com and front board for $300 elsewhere that does not seem a commonly available, so I want to make sure before buying the wrong one.

Thanks a million. I am willing to send you a $20 service fee, if we get it right.

Also flow sensor three SS disks are clean,but there is a fourth grey one that was slightly covered by plastic, so I removed plastic. This did not help, but not sure if it damaged sensor, if it was not already bad.

Help.

After showing NO FLOW for a week, now my 1400 has been working like a champ for a week straight. It must be the sensor acting up randomly. Again, the manufacture has been flooded with calls about flow sensors. When I called, it was like the tech knew what I was needing help with. I'm thinking of just ordering one now just to have on hand when it totally fails.