No Flow And Cell Reversing On Jandy Aquapure 1400

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good plan...

Hi Pool Clown,

You replied to post 51 but what about 50?

Thanks,

Seegek

Hi Pool Clown (or Sly, El Neno or Las Vegas Lizard),

Looks like you have been a big help to others. I am receiving error codes 172 & 186 and went through the service troubleshooting guide. For the 4-5 backboard am recieving 0 mVDC vs 120 and on K_H .12 vs 120. With sensor disconnected with temp/salinity/ up or down buttons both give HH whereas it should be 91. With the sensor connected though it gives HH for down and 91 for up, whereas the Troubleshooting Front Board page say it should be 91 for down. The 172/186 flow chart page does not specify whether the sensor should be connected or not, so with sensor connected, and up arrow, I got 91 so answered no to HH or 32.

Although I am logical, these instructions seem to indicate both the front panel and flow sensor are bad, for example gives right 91 reading for up with sensor connected, but front board troubleshooting says sensor disconnected and down arrow.

Found best internet sensor price at $144 plus $13 ground shipping on discountpoolmart.com and front board for $300 elsewhere that does not seem a commonly available, so I want to make sure before buying the wrong one.

Thanks a million. I am willing to send you a $20 service fee, if we get it right.

Also flow sensor three SS disks are clean,but there is a fourth grey one that was slightly covered by plastic, so I removed plastic. This did not help, but not sure if it damaged sensor, if it was not already bad.

Help.

Looks like you have been a big help to others. I am receiving error codes 172 & 186 and went through the service troubleshooting guide. For the 4-5 backboard am recieving 0 mVDC vs 120 and on K_H .12 vs 120. With sensor disconnected with temp/salinity/ up or down buttons both give HH whereas it should be 91. With the sensor connected though it gives HH for down and 91 for up, whereas the Troubleshooting Front Board page say it should be 91 for down. The 172/186 flow chart page does not specify whether the sensor should be connected or not, so with sensor connected, and up arrow, I got 91 so answered no to HH or 32.

Although I am logical, these instructions seem to indicate both the front panel and flow sensor are bad, for example gives right 91 reading for up with sensor connected, but front board troubleshooting says sensor disconnected and down arrow.

Found best internet sensor price at $144 plus $13 ground shipping on discountpoolmart.com and front board for $300 elsewhere that does not seem a commonly available, so I want to make sure before buying the wrong one.

Thanks a million. I am willing to send you a $20 service fee, if we get it right.

Also flow sensor three SS disks are clean,but there is a fourth grey one that was slightly covered by plastic, so I removed plastic. This did not help, but not sure if it damaged sensor, if it was not already bad.

Help.

get a new sensor.

• 6 months later...

172/186 came on today when I hit the "C" button to check salinity. Never touched it before in 2 years and now bam....error codes. Cleaned out the cell after 2 years, no sign of scaling, looked very clean. A few tiny rocks from the pebble tech, but that was it. Will disconnect and check the sensor tomorrow.

Any "new" news on the Aquapure 1400 since last August when the last post was...posted. Called my pool company as the pool is still under warranty. Any new places to purchase a sensor online if they give me the run around?

Also, I doubt this, but I have a trichlor float in the pool for borderline algae control. Water is too cold for salt, but not too cold for algae. About 58 degrees. Would that affect the cell or sensor?

172/186 came on today when I hit the "C" button to check salinity. Never touched it before in 2 years and now bam....error codes. Cleaned out the cell after 2 years, no sign of scaling, looked very clean. A few tiny rocks from the pebble tech, but that was it. Will disconnect and check the sensor tomorrow.

Any "new" news on the Aquapure 1400 since last August when the last post was...posted. Called my pool company as the pool is still under warranty. Any new places to purchase a sensor online if they give me the run around?

Not much except that the treaded sensors are becoming more hard to get (online) as the new 3 ports rolled out. Don't waste any time, call your PB right away and have this fixed before spring gets here and you run into a back log with the PB.

Also, I doubt this, but I have a trichlor float in the pool for borderline algae control. Water is too cold for salt, but not too cold for algae. About 58 degrees. Would that affect the cell or sensor?

A/P's slowly reduce in Cl production from +/-58 down to 50 where it shuts off altogether.

Not much except that the treaded sensors are becoming more hard to get (online) as the new 3 ports rolled out. Don't waste any time, call your PB right away and have this fixed before spring gets here and you run into a back log with the PB.

A/P's slowly reduce in Cl production from +/-58 down to 50 where it shuts off altogether.

I called earlier today, but it's President's Day, so of course, they were closed. Will call first thing in the morning. I have a three port model from '08. Temp and salinity sensors are working, but the chlorine sensor(?) is out...I guess...

Also, the sensor is showing 2.7 gpl. What happens if I turn the cell on at about 58-60 degrees? I know that's not enough salt, but with a bag it should be up to about 3.1 to 3.2 gpl. If the sensor is bad, will it try to generate Cl or will it show it's reversing?

problem solved. Sensor replaced. Jandy now owed by Zodiac in Vista, CA FYI...

I called earlier today, but it's President's Day, so of course, they were closed. Will call first thing in the morning. I have a three port model from '08. Temp and salinity sensors are working, but the chlorine sensor(?) is out...I guess...

Also, the sensor is showing 2.7 gpl. What happens if I turn the cell on at about 58-60 degrees? I know that's not enough salt, but with a bag it should be up to about 3.1 to 3.2 gpl. If the sensor is bad, will it try to generate Cl or will it show it's reversing?

Temp, flow, and salinity is all that sensor reports.

Since your having trouble with the sensor, i wouldn't trust the sensor to give an accurate salinity level. You don't want the sensor to tell the unit that there is enough salt where there is not. Have the water tested for salinity then compare with your unit. I do suggest though you chlorinate by hand till you get the sensor fixed.

Temp, flow, and salinity is all that sensor reports.

Since your having trouble with the sensor, i wouldn't trust the sensor to give an accurate salinity level. You don't want the sensor to tell the unit that there is enough salt where there is not. Have the water tested for salinity then compare with your unit. I do suggest though you chlorinate by hand till you get the sensor fixed.

Finally had the sensor replaced last Fri., but the readings were high with the intro of salt. Off by about 0.1 gpl from the test at Leslie's. Everything seems to be working now. Jandy was sold to Zodiac and moved it's operation from Moorpark, CA to Vista, CA. FYI....

• 1 month later...

I've read this post and based off of Pool Clown's recommendation to others, I've replaced my sensor on my Jandy Aquapure 1400. The old sensor was giving me service codes. I installed the new sensor and my salt level was 0.9. I add two 40lb bags of salt and it now reads 1.4, however, the no flow light is on. I'm confident that flow is not an issue. I cleaned out the filter thoroughly and acid washed the cells and all is very clean. I can continue to add more salt but why is the "no flow" light on....Pool Clown :) ?

Before you put one more grain of salt in, check your salt level at your pool store (no test strips). The "no flow" can take up to 4 min to disappear.

Thanks for the reply. I did wait past the 4 mins multiple times and "no flow" stays on. I reread the manual and it does say that if the sensor reads the salt level at below 2.0, it can display "no flow". I asked my local pool store and they only have test strips to test salinity. What other method is there to test for this....maybe I can just buy it and test myself.

Tell the pool store to get one! Kidding...

...and it does say that if the sensor reads the salt level at below 2.0, it can display "no flow".

Well there you go. I too learned something today.

The kind i have is about 100 dollars. I have heard of other (kinds) for less. I suppose the strip would do for now. Hopefully, it will get you close. I've heard those things can be off a bit. See if he will test it twice for you to get an average.

Then figure out what you will need and put 3/4 of it in. It's better to adjust (up) slowly when you get close, rather than to go over in haste.

local pool store. $199 cdn, everyone else wanted $269 cdn. Good luck with yours, just tell Pool Clown exactly what's wrong, he'll help you.

Clown has given me alot of tips how to test voltage on my 1400 with service code 120 problem. This site is great to get helpfull advise and ideas.

That's my problem.... Help Pool Clown! I am getting a 120 and 121 code on my Aquapure 1400 system. Should I replace the dc cord?

Where are you pool clown?????

Here i am...

120 121 codes are cell related. Have you inspected the cell for build up on the plates? Take the cell out of line and look thru it. Shoot water thru it to clean. If you can't get it all with water, you may need to chemically clean.

Here i am...

120 121 codes are cell related. Have you inspected the cell for build up on the plates? Take the cell out of line and look thru it. Shoot water thru it to clean. If you can't get it all with water, you may need to chemically clean.

Yeah! Thanks Pool Clown! (Is that you in the underwater photo?)

I rinsed the cell and it looked clean but I'll try dunking it in muratic acid and water. I hope that it's not a bad cell......

Thank you so much for your help!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Help.

A big Thank You to Pool Clown!! I was getting the 172, 185 and 186 error codes and had no idea what to do. (we just bought the house) After reading this thread I followed Pool Clowns advise and purchased a new flow/salt sensor. (online at Aqua Superstore for $174.00) TA DA...everything is great now!

By the way when I asked my local pool company for assistance they wanted to sell me a whole new salt system...said I would need it. I won't be going back to them anytime soon!

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an aquapure 1400 that has stopped generating chlorine and is giving the 172/185 error codes, so I'm going to get a new sensor and hopefully that will straighten it out. I have the older screw-in sensor. I know that the 'aquapure' line is basically just a re-branded 'clormatic' system. Should I get the aquapure sensor or the clormatic - or doesn't matter? Thanks.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have an aquapure 1400 that has stopped generating chlorine and is giving the 172/185 error codes, so I'm going to get a new sensor and hopefully that will straighten it out. I have the older screw-in sensor. I know that the 'aquapure' line is basically just a re-branded 'clormatic' system. Should I get the aquapure sensor or the clormatic - or doesn't matter? Thanks.

If you have an Aqua-pure, you can use an A/P sensor or a CM3, Same part, different box. CM2's have a different plug and won't work.