20' Swim Spas

Hello folks,

I'm new to the world of swim spas. I'm looking into an 8 X 20 or so for installation on ground alongside my existing 5' high deck, which I will then add to to surround the swim spa. Local dealers around here (Boston) are in the $20K area for the unit.

The approximate prices I've received so far from some internet research are:

-Florida North (New York) @ $13,800 hard cover/delivered (hard quote)

-Glimmerglass (New York) @ about $9,700 hard cover/delivered/spa pack, requires extra reinforcement if not put in ground, plus another $1500 w/shell insulation

-Ordini's (PA) @$10,000 plus hard cover and delivered (maybe $2k?? more)

Florida and Ordini's are pretty much delivered completely assembled (or so they say), Glimmerglass needs the spa pak attached/assembled after drop off.

No real dealers around here though (Boston) for these brands if service is needed, and I'm told if I didn't buy from a local dealer, I'll have trouble getting service. Florida and Glimmerglass say they'll send someone if a repair is needed, this is surprising????? Don't know abut Ordinis (Ocean Reef and Outer Banks manuf.)

Anyone heard of any of these dealers, good or bad????

Any suggestions to help a new guy in this area?? Thanks again.

Ed

Hello folks,

I'm new to the world of swim spas. I'm looking into an 8 X 20 or so for installation on ground alongside my existing 5' high deck, which I will then add to to surround the swim spa. Local dealers around here (Boston) are in the $20K area for the unit.

-Glimmerglass (New York) @ about $9,700 hard cover/delivered/spa pack, requires extra reinforcement if not put in ground, plus another $1500 w/shell insulation

Florida and Ordini's are pretty much delivered completely assembled (or so they say), Glimmerglass needs the spa pak attached/assembled after drop off.

No real dealers around here though (Boston) for these brands if service is needed, and I'm told if I didn't buy from a local dealer, I'll have trouble getting service. Florida and Glimmerglass say they'll send someone if a repair is needed, this is surprising????? Don't know abut Ordinis (Ocean Reef and Outer Banks manuf.)

Ed

Dimension one http://www.d1spas.com/swimspas-afs.html

Maax spas http://www.powerpoolspas.com/

Sunbelt http://www.sunbeltspas.com/swim-spas.aspx

All make swim spas. I never heard of the ones you have listed

Hello folks,

Ed

No,

I'm not only looking at price. I'm not afraid to pay for quality. Bu when I see $18K-$20K vs $12K I feel I at least have to invesigate the price difference and ask a few questions.

I'm just asking if anyone has had any experience or advice with these companies and if so what is it.

Ed

Maybe the difference it's the manufacturer-quality : are you comparing units of same brand?

Bye

No,

I'm not only looking at price. I'm not afraid to pay for quality. Bu when I see $18K-$20K vs $12K I feel I at least have to invesigate the price difference and ask a few questions.

I'm just asking if anyone has had any experience or advice with these companies and if so what is it.

Ed

If you are looking for something to "Swim" in and not have any seats or jets you may want to look at Swim-ex (Fall River MA) or Endless pool.

I live near Boston and installed a MasterSpa H2X crosstrainer last November. I will say we got sticker SHOCK, closer to $30K. So far I'm happy with the purchase; the Dealer has been great (got lucky on that), I use it 3 - 4 times a week, but I'm busy right now. We use it to swim and to relax in. I will say this model is 8x15 and I would want longer if I was taller (5.9) or wanted to swim very hard; I like the speed options I have and it is a heck of a work out.

Something to keep in mind in the Boston area is heating the thing. We had a cold winter and I had 3 months that the tub used 1000KW at 101 (or so), Better from April on. I also had never heard of the brands you mentioned and they sound like Kits; nothing wrong with that, but think about insulation.

You are doing what I didn't do in finding this forum and asking questions BEFORE buying. MasterSpa does not have a good rep with many on this board and maybe I would have looked at other options. So I will be taking the panels off and looking into the insulation this summer.

Good luck on your hunt

If you are looking for something to "Swim" in and not have any seats or jets you may want to look at Swim-ex (Fall River MA) or Endless pool.

I live near Boston and installed a MasterSpa H2X crosstrainer last November. I will say we got sticker SHOCK, closer to $30K. So far I'm happy with the purchase; the Dealer has been great (got lucky on that), I use it 3 - 4 times a week, but I'm busy right now. We use it to swim and to relax in. I will say this model is 8x15 and I would want longer if I was taller (5.9) or wanted to swim very hard; I like the speed options I have and it is a heck of a work out.

Something to keep in mind in the Boston area is heating the thing. We had a cold winter and I had 3 months that the tub used 1000KW at 101 (or so), Better from April on. I also had never heard of the brands you mentioned and they sound like Kits; nothing wrong with that, but think about insulation.

You are doing what I didn't do in finding this forum and asking questions BEFORE buying. MasterSpa does not have a good rep with many on this board and maybe I would have looked at other options. So I will be taking the panels off and looking into the insulation this summer.

Good luck on your hunt

Thank you for your reply and information. I'm glad you're happy with your spa. I will definitley keep you're information in mind as we move forward.

• 4 weeks later...