Costco Elite Platinum Spa

paintnsunni

To a degree you're correct Jimbo. And in the same context,the wealthy and the corp injunears have sterred it in that direction. Yer type of customers Jimmy boy lol.

Conjuna,do you realize you're a mental case,or do you put on a facade for everyone....to create a reaction/get noticed?

Give up the hate, and you will be better off.

Life is better when you see what your limited emotions are causing for you.

Give it up. So, what? you supported one of the biggest lying companies on the planet with your purchase.

When I realize that I got ripped off, I admit it. You don't have to continue to argue about it.

Did you read the article on my site about Bullet Jets, it is dedicated to you.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give up the hate, and you will be better off.

Life is better when you see what your limited emotions are causing for you.

Give it up. So, what? you supported one of the biggest lying companies on the planet with your purchase.

When I realize that I got ripped off, I admit it. You don't have to continue to argue about it.

Did you read the article on my site about Bullet Jets, it is dedicated to you.

It's not a hate,nor hatred I feel for/about you Conjuna lol...but believe what you will. As I stated in the past,I don't like you,nor your ethics/morals. Hatred is pretty strong word you use lol. I don't actually pity you either,as you seem to have half a brain,but choose to use it in a negitive fashion on these boards I.E. my spas are great,everything else is sub-par etc etc.

Can you provide some facts in these so called "lies" that you choose to state about a certain company/s?

My spa has been a great(do I dare to use a superduper word as Conjuna would use and use "outstanding"?) value for my 3+years of ownership....and I can hope that it will continue in the near and long term future.

Yes I read your opinionated idea/s about jets. Neat that you would inform me of that LOL. As I was tellin someone a few hours ago....I love seeing what you have to write/share. Keeps things interesting to say the least/grin.

You state in a 3rd person context that I got ripped off...and I'm continuing to argue about it. Where have I stated this? Can you please show me where I have said this? As you stated this,and lord knows you never tell a lie/falsehood....certainly you can back this latest statement of yours up,correct?

In summary,I predict Conjuna will spin this in another direction,and or ignore this and move onto his next preaching lol.

P.S. ... this is getting a little/alot beyond the topic of discussion,and has little/nuttin to do with spas. (not that I'm complainin,as Conjuna is 1 of a kind,much alike the village iddiott)

It's not a hate,nor hatred I feel for/about you Conjuna lol...but believe what you will. As I stated in the past,I don't like you,nor your ethics/morals. Hatred is pretty strong word you use lol. I don't actually pity you either,as you seem to have half a brain,but choose to use it in a negitive fashion on these boards I.E. my spas are great,everything else is sub-par etc etc.

Can you provide some facts in these so called "lies" that you choose to state about a certain company/s?

My spa has been a great(do I dare to use a superduper word as Conjuna would use and use "outstanding"?) value for my 3+years of ownership....and I can hope that it will continue in the near and long term future.

Yes I read your opinionated idea/s about jets. Neat that you would inform me of that LOL. As I was tellin someone a few hours ago....I love seeing what you have to write/share. Keeps things interesting to say the least/grin.

You state in a 3rd person context that I got ripped off...and I'm continuing to argue about it. Where have I stated this? Can you please show me where I have said this? As you stated this,and lord knows you never tell a lie/falsehood....certainly you can back this latest statement of yours up,correct?

In summary,I predict Conjuna will spin this in another direction,and or ignore this and move onto his next preaching lol.

P.S. ... this is getting a little/alot beyond the topic of discussion,and has little/nuttin to do with spas. (not that I'm complainin,as Conjuna is 1 of a kind,much alike the village iddiott)

A $2500 FreeFlow spa has just about the same equipment as your spa. Maybe even better, and they last pretty good. We sell because they are real bargains. They are not overpriced and underbuild sold with a lot of hype and nonsense.

When you attack me with your anger, all you do is look questionable? The readers go: What is this guys problem?

A $2500 FreeFlow spa has just about the same equipment as your spa. Maybe even better, and they last pretty good. We sell because they are real bargains. They are not overpriced and underbuild sold with a lot of hype and nonsense.

When you attack me with your anger, all you do is look questionable? The readers go: What is this guys problem?

Where do you see anger,in my posts? Not angry in the least Conjuna lol. You think this site or you,has any REAL bearing on my personal life,or my business? So you UNDERSTAND(as you like to use with others) I find you comical in nature,and a person that thrives on reactions. Have I and others,reacted with you,to stimulate your limited writing skills?

Here's a URL dedicated to you...and it's not in anger,but moreso poking fun AT YOU...

http://jim%20arjuna.youarelame.com/

And feel free to sue me for defamation of character

Oh,do you think all the readers look upon you as the spa messiah.......and say to themselves,this guy sure knows hiz stuff,why do these people doubt the real word of truth etc etc? (I'm sure you feel this way Jimbo LOL)

Starting to get deep in here,I'm honestly holding back at the moment.

Where do you see anger,in my posts? Not angry in the least Conjuna lol. You think this site or you,has any REAL bearing on my personal life,or my business? So you UNDERSTAND(as you like to use with others) I find you comical in nature,and a person that thrives on reactions. Have I and others,reacted with you,to stimulate your limited writing skills?

Here's a URL dedicated to you...and it's not in anger,but moreso poking fun AT YOU...

http://jim%20arjuna.youarelame.com/

And feel free to sue me for defamation of character

Oh,do you think all the readers look upon you as the spa messiah.......and say to themselves,this guy sure knows hiz stuff,why do these people doubt the real word of truth etc etc? (I'm sure you feel this way Jimbo LOL)

Starting to get deep in here,I'm honestly holding back at the moment.

This is what I get for being honest with consumers.

This guy thinks he is funny, and maybe it is, but the reality is makes you look bitter. Anybody else care to comment?

He is funny right now I'm crying bc I was LMAO

Jim only you can stop the madness

Here is some better intertainment for you.

http://soundclick.com/havenhead

You still haven't returned it have you????? Your nothing more then a whinner!!!!!! I'll post when and if youu return it! Othewise silence yourself and sit down.

Paint, cool it. Why are you so bitter? Most people are here to offer help. Sounds like you have an axe to grind for some reason.

Paint, cool it. Why are you so bitter? Most people are here to offer help. Sounds like you have an axe to grind for some reason.

Just don't care for people not doing what they say. He has said for a while he was going to return it. Costco R.T.V. process takes minutes to get money back so whats his excuse is all......getting a hot tub out of your yard unless your on a cliff is no biggie either but, he continues bash his spa and try to act like everyone that purchased his brand is haveing issues which is untrue. No axe at all.

Just don't care for people not doing what they say. He has said for a while he was going to return it. Costco R.T.V. process takes minutes to get money back so whats his excuse is all......getting a hot tub out of your yard unless your on a cliff is no biggie either but, he continues bash his spa and try to act like everyone that purchased his brand is haveing issues which is untrue. No axe at all.

No biggie unless you have to hire a crane company to remove stuff. Like I said, I'll return it when I am ready. I get a kick out of reading paint's posts though. Someone who talks like he knows a lot about everything and says very little of relevance or substance. Most of his steam is spent on personal attacks and confusing opinions and facts. Very entertaining. :)

do you need a crane company?

Yes. I need to hire the same crane company that hoisted it over my house to hoist it out of my house. No biggie, but takes coordination and time. When I get my new spa, I have to just coordinate the transfer. Not much fun considering I had planned on enjoying a spa all summer, not trying figure out how to fix it, have it fixed and get it removed.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents, and this seems the most appropriate thread.

We bought a costco platinum2 about 2 months ago, maybe 9 weeks. it was an impulse buy, and what arrtacted us was the number of jets, and i saw the size of the pumps and the extra features, and thought it was too good to be true. We came back with a trailer, and got it home, several neighbors were kind enough to help us get it into the backyard, as we have no alley. we got a big blue tarp, and had 2 pull, and 4 push across the grass (worked pretty slick actually.)

it took me about 20 hours to prep the spot, lay 2 layers concrete blocks staggered for stregnth, wire up, and fill.

we follow the instructions, and i came to this forum to find out some input on this tub as a google came up with this forum. i immediately thought we had made a huge mistake, based on what has been said here, but we continued anyway. i underestimated the amount of time/chemicals it takes to set up and maintain a tub. we have been following the manufacturer's maintenance schedule and have been keeping the water in perfect spec. filters had been rinsed weekly, and cxhemical overnight dips as required. friday night, we had a b-day hot tub party for a buddy, and by the end of the night we had DR code which loosly meant not enuf water in heater tube. then LF codes meaning low flow. it was 10 below zero celcius or about 40 F, and the heater would disengage due to codes and i tried to change the pin switch to trick it into ice mode but 15 min later the codes would override the safety device. all saturday and sunday the temp was dropping and i was worried about getting it running. it was sunday night when we finally pulled out the filters and the problem was solved. the heat stayed, no more codes, and it happened just as the water hit freezing.

now i must admit, i first thought it was a circut board problem or something in the lines plugging, but being new and our maintenance was up to snuff, we never looked at the filters, they had been cleaned 5 days earlier. So it was our lack of tub experience that this was even an issue at all. the tub was/is fine. i am going to order a set of backup filters so i can enjoy my purchase daily as i had been. ive only NOT been in it 5 days out of 9 weeks. its awsome. my only negatives are perhaps the filter design or number of filters could be improved to maybe add a pre filter to catch the big stuff, and the 4 k-watt heater is a little small for alberta weather. with the lid off at 20 below it can only maintain about 102 deg,and if one side of the lid is open it holds at 103, and id preffer 104-105.

i also wished the max temp could be increased a tad. but other than that, its a great value, and a great tub.

just dont think it's going to take care of itself......thk god im willing to problem solve.

anyone here know of how i can amp up the heat a lil more, is there a way i can update the firmware? or does the whole heating module need to be swapped out. the tubs sold in edmonton all seem to have about a 5.5 k-watt heater.

We have the same tub (about 4 weeks now and love it) and also would like to increase the temp over 104.

I wonder where the sensor is, maybe it could be changed/moved..i dunno.

Anyone else have ideas for this?

I emailed them about it, and got a response back on a few hours saying its some sort of safety thing that makes thems limit it to 104. Sadly, they did not give me a work around (yet!).

there are 2 sensors that are attached to grey coated wires on each side of the heating tube (from the top), that record before and after temps. i know this cause i traced all the circuts to see how it all worked. im not sure how it measures flow or low flow, but i guess it doesnt matter now. i found out that adding warm water into colder water will give off a code (cant remember which one), so i was curious to see how it could know. i dont understand why it needs to know the input temp. i wonder if the flow sensor runs on pressure, or is it some sort of "windsock" type thing inside the heating pipe....

i found the toggle to celcius, but it appears to be translated incorrectly, as it will let the tub go up to 70 degrees or more. it also uses a decimal point eg. 40.5 deg celcius. if this is correct, perhaps you can swith dip switch up to celcius and increase the heat that way. the only problem is if you have kids that turn stuff up as high as possible, they could cause personall injury which is prolly why platinum people wont give up a higher heat range. im going to look into this conversion more, and ill post back. im going to take actual temp readings of the water and see if its out to lunch or if i should stick with farenheight.

i guess if you contacted them, i may as well not, since i dont like hearing NO. heh.

We have the same tub (about 4 weeks now and love it) and also would like to increase the temp over 104.

I wonder where the sensor is, maybe it could be changed/moved..i dunno.

Anyone else have ideas for this?

I emailed them about it, and got a response back on a few hours saying its some sort of safety thing that makes thems limit it to 104. Sadly, they did not give me a work around (yet!).

Stick a regular pool and spa thermometer in it or get a digital one and see if it is actualy getting to the temp it says on the tub display.

... i am going to order a set of backup filters so i can enjoy my purchase daily as i had been. ive only NOT been in it 5 days out of 9 weeks. its awsome. my only negatives are perhaps the filter design or number of filters could be improved to maybe add a pre filter to catch the big stuff, and the 4 k-watt heater is a little small for alberta weather. with the lid off at 20 below it can only maintain about 102 deg,and if one side of the lid is open it holds at 103, and id preffer 104-105.

i also wished the max temp could be increased a tad. but other than that, its a great value, and a great tub.

just dont think it's going to take care of itself......thk god im willing to problem solve.

anyone here know of how i can amp up the heat a lil more, is there a way i can update the firmware? or does the whole heating module need to be swapped out. the tubs sold in edmonton all seem to have about a 5.5 k-watt heater.

I've had a PE II tub for four months. I got an extra set of filters from hydrospa and just keep them as spares. All I have done to clean them is hose them off and dry the spare set out and then shop vac the outside of the dry filters a little bit. Seems to bring them back to like new. We keep the temp at 102F and the temp sensor has been accurate. After you get in, the temp drops a little bit but then the little heater light comes on and holds the temp. One problem we have is rain falling into the tub raising the water level while we're in it.

If you find the 4kw heater is too small, you could probably swap it out for a bigger one. There's places that sell Balboa heaters that might let you swap in a 5.5 kw unit for a couple of hundred dollars. Not sure if the controls would be okay with the extra 6 amps but they probably would as long as the total didn't go over 50 amps. If not, you would have to get a new control assembly instead of just the heater which is probably $500 or so. The spaparts guys below have balboa assemblies that would probably do the job.

http://www.spacare.com/index.asp?PageActio...stom&ID=362

http://www.spaparts.com/newcustomers.aspx

there are 2 sensors that are attached to grey coated wires on each side of the heating tube (from the top), that record before and after temps. i know this cause i traced all the circuts to see how it all worked. im not sure how it measures flow or low flow, but i guess it doesnt matter now. i found out that adding warm water into colder water will give off a code (cant remember which one), so i was curious to see how it could know. i dont understand why it needs to know the input temp. i wonder if the flow sensor runs on pressure, or is it some sort of "windsock" type thing inside the heating pipe....

i found the toggle to celcius, but it appears to be translated incorrectly, as it will let the tub go up to 70 degrees or more. it also uses a decimal point eg. 40.5 deg celcius. if this is correct, perhaps you can swith dip switch up to celcius and increase the heat that way. the only problem is if you have kids that turn stuff up as high as possible, they could cause personall injury which is prolly why platinum people wont give up a higher heat range. im going to look into this conversion more, and ill post back. im going to take actual temp readings of the water and see if its out to lunch or if i should stick with farenheight.

i guess if you contacted them, i may as well not, since i dont like hearing NO. heh.

I basically found their service people not very helpful.T hey also told me early on that I could not reset controls, but I later found oun that Balboa has instructions online on how to adjust the control panel, so you may find something by identifying the manufacturers of their components. Good luck.

Well, been away for awhile and I see not much has changed (the argument continues :) ). Just a short update: My Platinum I just passed its 2 year anniversary and is still doing well. My 6 year old grandson accidentally put a hole in the vinyl cover that goes over the spa controls so I called the 800# to order a new one, after explaining what happened they went ahead and replaced it under warranty and even sent me a spare, I know it's only a $5 part but it was still a nice gesture. That's about it, my Wife and I still use our spa 2 to 3 times a week and are still very happy with our purchase. Hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday season, and to those that PM'd me with questions I appologize for the late replies.

NightRyder

One question that I do not recall being raised about the Platinum II from Costco is the number of pumps, their horsepower, and the number of water jets the unit has. Also, what is the depth of the spa? Could an owner answer those questions for me? I have no ulterior motive; just curious.

One question that I do not recall being raised about the Platinum II from Costco is the number of pumps, their horsepower, and the number of water jets the unit has. Also, what is the depth of the spa? Could an owner answer those questions for me? I have no ulterior motive; just curious.

three pumps....I think three horspower each but unsure..65 jets and I think46 inches deep? ill check!

three pumps....I think three horspower each but unsure..65 jets and I think46 inches deep? ill check!

You better check again. I don't know of any spa at 46" which would probably drown the shorter folks out there. Plus, I seem to remember the unit only having 2 pumps which IMO wouldn't provide enough power to the number of jets the unit has (which I thought to be around 60). Please advise.

2 3hp pumps, and 1 1/15th hp circulation pump, pump 1 is a 2 speed, pump 2 is 1 speed. pump 2 also has a diverter valve that you can crank up the power to specific seats. IMHO full power on 1 or 2 seats is too much, and has caused bruising on the wife and I. teh pumps are sufficient, and the 64 jets counts all the holes. follow this link and count for yourself, i counted 48 for water jets.

there are orifices for blower jets, if you want to count those. 2 are hidded from above pic as they hit the tops of your shoulders when sitting in the deepest chair.(the one with the pillow that fits around your neck.)

p.s. in the deep chair with diverter on that seat, there is no way you can stay in it as the jets push you away with great force. you need to brace your feet across the tub.

http://www.platinumhottubs.com/platinumllhottub.htm

all the specs are listed on the page as well.

You better check again. I don't know of any spa at 46" which would probably drown the shorter folks out there. Plus, I seem to remember the unit only having 2 pumps which IMO wouldn't provide enough power to the number of jets the unit has (which I thought to be around 60). Please advise.

Circ pump, One two spead pump, one one speed pump with enough force to push you out of your seat if you desire..... Got to the website for deminsions ect....but plenty of power and alot of large soothing jets not just wated bullet ones.