Lounger Seat? Football Jets?

sonomablue

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt good about the value to money spent anf felt ok with Hydrospa. The luck of Costco made it a slam dunk plus the Spa is the model up from the omni..Pretstine ifi recal.....I always use my american express which gives you protection as well and doubles the warranty up to a year

You really didn't answer my question paint. I repeat, would you have purchased the Omni at $7k WITHOUT the full, no-questions asked refund policy from Costco?

quote name='paintnsunni' date='Nov 9 2006, 02:25 PM' post='15772']

Yes!!!I almost got the omni till I saw the costco spa so yes I would have. [/quote

thought that was a clear yes.

Thank you for clarifying. If the HydroSpa products perform well and over the course of 10+ years, then I made a mistake and overpaid for my Arctic. So, there are some on this board that are reasonable towards you and this brand but I trust you also understand why people like me were (are) hesitant about plunking down $7k for a product that was questionably unreliable.

Let me ask you this question. You stated the Omni was a step DOWN from the Platinum II you bought from Costco. What is your theory as to how Costco can sell a BETTER unit for $3000 less than an internet company can? After all, Costco is a retail establishment with high overhead and labor costs. An internet "store" has no retail showroom (probably just a warehouse in some industrial park) with minimal labor (customer service people and warehousemen). Yes, Costco may buy better than the internet shop but at that level of difference? I don't think so. Do you see where I'm going with this? The puzzle pieces just don't fit IMO.

Thank you for clarifying. If the HydroSpa products perform well and over the course of 10+ years, then I made a mistake and overpaid for my Arctic. So, there are some on this board that are reasonable towards you and this brand but I trust you also understand why people like me were (are) hesitant about plunking down $7k for a product that was questionably unreliable.

Let me ask you this question. You stated the Omni was a step DOWN from the Platinum II you bought from Costco. What is your theory as to how Costco can sell a BETTER unit for $3000 less than an internet company can? After all, Costco is a retail establishment with high overhead and labor costs. An internet "store" has no retail showroom (probably just a warehouse in some industrial park) with minimal labor (customer service people and warehousemen). Yes, Costco may buy better than the internet shop but at that level of difference? I don't think so. Do you see where I'm going with this? The puzzle pieces just don't fit IMO.

I can definately respect that and its your choice to get whatever product you wish, it's Ameica!!!

As for how Costco does it? They are very agressive and do the same on appliances and electronics. Best buy can't compete on a identical product and won't honor the price match on Costco.......Our T.V was $400.00 more the the one I got at Costco, same brand and model. thats on a purchase of $1800.00!!!!!! I am a admited Costcoholic! what can I say!

As for how Costco does it? They are very agressive and do the same on appliances and electronics. Best buy can't compete on a identical product and won't honor the price match on Costco.......Our T.V was $400.00 more the the one I got at Costco, same brand and model. thats on a purchase of $1800.00!!!!!! I am a admited Costcoholic! what can I say!

I'm not sure your findings are valid. First of all, I have priced our Costco on electronics vs. Best Buy, Circuit City and others and I have found there to be neglible differences between EXACT models (if you can even find exact comparisons). What I have found is that Costco sells models you can't find anywhere else so I'm not sure whether the products are identical. Plus, Costco buys a lot of closeout models (which the mfg is wanting to get rid of) and then resells at very low prices. Next time my wife drags me in, I'll have to do some cost analysis between them and other retail outlets.

I had our surround system deliverd from costco by panasonic as demand created a back order.....Best try asserted to me it was last years model as no way could costco sell the current model for $100.00 less. I called Panasonic from Best try and confirmed they where wrong, handed my cell phone to the manager to get price match which he did agree to do but I walked out do to principle

My apologies for interrupting the COSTCO thread. :-)

But since i stared this thread, i will continue with a few questions.

(i always thought that it was just politics, religion, and sports teams that caused people to go over the top. I did not realize that the list included Spa manufacturers. Paint - I am sure that your spa is great, and you got a great price, and the support is awesome. Let's put it to bed, in this thread. I am not planing on purchasing a Costco spa, but thanks for the recommendation.).

Back to my questions, from earlier.

What are anyone's thoughts on Caldera (Niagra, Hawaiian, others) and Cal Spas.

For what it is worth, i currently like the Sundance Optima and Bahia.

Thanks

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I'm not so sure about a fine English accent, Wes, and certainly the fight against the terrorists is a massively complex issue that, if I am honest, has ramifications beyond what I am qualified or able to discuss, but it's nice to be able to chat nicely with someone you've never met about a common interest so that'll do nicely for me.

Mr Paintsunni - I feel, for my part, that I need to add that when I stated it was likely that our Maxxus cost more here in England than you would comprehend what I was getting as is that you would appear within your values system to feel that $5000 is a fair price for a hot tub, and in the US I believe a Maxxus is around $10000. Here in the UK we must pay around $20000 for the Maxxus (which to be fair does come fully loaded with lights, stereo, ozone, etc) so hopefully you will see what I mean about value being a relative calculation. I was not meaning to imply that you would not comprehend what $20000 was and I do not believe you really thought that this was my intention - but I am sorry anyway if you did.

With that I am going to bow out of this topic hopefully in a relatively graceful way. I must say to you, Mr Paintsunni, that in my opinion you do have a rather cutting tone about your prose which comes accross as quite harsh. I hope you can take that as a constructive comment - it costs nothing to try and be as polite as you can whilst trying to get your point accross ! No offense taken though !

I must just add that to try and get things back on topic somewhat for our original poster I have just had a soak in the lounger seat and I would say that if you can find one that you don't float in the answer is that they are a refreshing change from the standard chairs - it keeps things different and it is veeeeery relaxing! I have to say get one bought as soon as is possible - and why not get the lounger while you're at it then you won't need to worry that you might have liked it! I know that I wish I had bought ours a year sooner!!!!

All the very best,

Julian

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I'm not so sure about a fine English accent, Wes, and certainly the fight against the terrorists is a massively complex issue that, if I am honest, has ramifications beyond what I am qualified or able to discuss, but it's nice to be able to chat nicely with someone you've never met about a common interest so that'll do nicely for me.

Mr Paintsunni - I feel, for my part, that I need to add that when I stated it was likely that our Maxxus cost more here in England than you would comprehend what I was getting as is that you would appear within your values system to feel that $5000 is a fair price for a hot tub, and in the US I believe a Maxxus is around $10000. Here in the UK we must pay around $20000 for the Maxxus (which to be fair does come fully loaded with lights, stereo, ozone, etc) so hopefully you will see what I mean about value being a relative calculation. I was not meaning to imply that you would not comprehend what $20000 was and I do not believe you really thought that this was my intention - but I am sorry anyway if you did.

With that I am going to bow out of this topic hopefully in a relatively graceful way. I must say to you, Mr Paintsunni, that in my opinion you do have a rather cutting tone about your prose which comes accross as quite harsh. I hope you can take that as a constructive comment - it costs nothing to try and be as polite as you can whilst trying to get your point accross ! No offense taken though !

I must just add that to try and get things back on topic somewhat for our original poster I have just had a soak in the lounger seat and I would say that if you can find one that you don't float in the answer is that they are a refreshing change from the standard chairs - it keeps things different and it is veeeeery relaxing! I have to say get one bought as soon as is possible - and why not get the lounger while you're at it then you won't need to worry that you might have liked it! I know that I wish I had bought ours a year sooner!!!!

All the very best,

Julian

Its obvious you assume the Platinum spa from Costco is a lesser tub and that's simply not accurate, I dare ask you to name One thing that maxxus has over the Costco spa? I am not sayeing the maxxus isn't a great spa. As for my value system I think 10k is perfectly fine or in your case 20k IF and only IF the price difference can be justified. I doub't you could realistically Justify the value versus price difference. ? However, If you don't have that option of compareing the maxxus to other spas there is no issue. But value is relative in every purchase wether it be real or percieved it's there every time, they call it economics. Also anyone that is in retail as you say you are understands value engineering in every product to hit the"sweet spot" of value in order to attract a buyer :o

Hi again

Actually I have been misunderstood completely with this one!! - I never meant to suggest that your Costco tub was inferior to the Maxxus because....

I don't know anything about the Costco spa at all!!! - but in any event I would not have dared to buy one because I didn't want to have to arrange delivery, lug it in to position, wire it all up, fit all the accessories, cover, stereo and everything else!! I'm sure the Costco tub is terrific - what I was saying was just that at any price a supermarket supplied item would never have been an option for me because I wanted a complete, turn key service rather than a commodity purchase with me providing the legwork. Also, because I was having builders make a wall and stuff around the installation I would not have easily been able to "take back" the tub if I had not been pleased with it! (It isn't like a toaster where you can just pop it on the counter and ask for your money back!)

Hope this clarifies where I was coming from - as I say, I have no idea about the Costco tub and I am certain they would not stock something that was no good so well done to you for finding what you wanted at a price acceptable to you. I also found what I wanted at a price acceptable to me so we're both happy!

Agreed. Which model of hydropool spa is it that you have? Over here, we wet tested a hydropool which was about $18000 with the stereo and everything. It was great and we would have bought one but Hydropool as a company in the UK here wanted FULL payment TEN weeks BEFORE the tub was delivered..... I just didn't DARE to part with that much cash and then risk anything happening!

Good Evening Gentlemen,

All the very best,Julian

Wow. Nicely done. Thanks - You have my respect.

Chas

(Board Moderator)

B)

Note;

I said I was bowing out relatively gracefully, and yet why is it that I feel compelled to continue- even though the original question and point seems largely lost? <Sigh>

Post;

I think that calming down is what a quality spa is all about, Mr Paintsunni. Please understand - really - that I can see that you're clearly a switched on, knowledgeable chap; this is truly to be applauded.

I don't want to get involved looking at specification sheets like a game of top trumps because this spectacularly misses the point of trying your best to relax in a spa after a difficult and intense day at work. I have no idea if my Maxxus spa is up there technically with your Costco one and I have no intention of poring over a data sheet to find out.

As long as my spa water is clear and bathable and as long as my dealer continues to answer the telephone and help me when needed I'll be happy with what I have bought.

I would appreciate it greatly if you were able to extend me the courtesy of some respect for that decision; I have openly agreed that your ability to sleuth out a terrific spa deal is noteworthy but I take exception to your assertation that I am being emotional when I have openly admitted to being completely ignorant of the Costco Spa's specification, especially when I have already indicated that self delivery and set up was not on the agenda.

Very kind regards,

Julian.

fair enough!!! point taken. It's not you I have issue with but some of the industry as a whole that simply bashes anything that migh be the same quality and definately a better value. I understand established dealers trying to keep the spa industry tightly controlled as to pricing and territories. Unfortunatly for a lot of them, this forum and the internet in general are changing the way we all live and due bussiness. No longer are we as consumers dependent on a salesmans version of what percieved value and what he feels the price of a spa should be. The internet is shattering the way we do bussiness, look at airline tickets! Travel agents have had to slash prices to compete as the value to pay them more just didn't make sense. I am not sure why anyone worries about serviceanymore as I know for a fact that I can, if needed, get my spa serviced from Hotsprings and also Sundance dealer. Hydrospa pays them with a corprate visa and it's done! A dealership loves money wether its from me, a "enemy spa" or you for that matter. Knowledge is power and in this day it means saveing your familliy potentialy thousands. The salesman an dealers will never agree and love people that don't research and ask questions. All that said I am not a advocate of paying 10k for a spa when the otions available will save thousands with no difference in quality or enjoyment.

Thanks for understanding; and I agree totally with a huge amount of what you say in your measured response; the internet does indeed change absolutely everything and the old fashioned business model is indeed in a rapid and unstoppable change phase.

The difficult part for the consumer is deciding when to indulge in the potential fiscal saving available by careful online shopping. Notwithstanding this there are the times when the consumer just wants to reward him or herself for deals done and effort expended without indulging in yet more dealing; whether this is buying new Porsche or a new top of the line spa the net result is the same - money through the economy, wages paid and hopefully pleasure gained by the purchaser. It does, absolutely, go futher and is much, much more complex than part a + part b = price c.

I do understand and humour your perspective and I think your views on current trends and the internet are perceptive but I would venture to suggest that your nation's spa dealers and professionals are far, far more than the "easy buck" merchants than you seem to give credit for, and that their happy customers would bring you to account for suggesting so.

There was a post from a dealer on here that I read the other day with a beautiful and extensive looking showroom that I personally learned from and took to my organisation. I don't recall who he was but he stated as a response to a challenge that if a client came in to test a spa who was basically sold on an alternative brand he would still welcome them and encourage a wet test. This is 2006 + thinking; truly retail genius and although I don't know the man or even remember his name you just can't bet against people like this in a sales and service race.

There exists currently an uneasy peace between out of area internet retail and local organisations in many industries; it would be a rare individual indeed who would predict the final outtcome of the situation in the longer term for items that are not ready candidates for mail order.

I find this area fascinating and relevant to my business personally (though I suppose the original poster will be somewhat bored as he jumps up and down pointing at lounger seats and football jets. I am truly sorry for spoiling your thread. :( )

paintnsunni, you like to harp on the the phrase "show me facts that prove a $10k spa is higher quality than a $5k Costco spa". I'd like to ask you the same question -- show me facts that prove a $5k Costco spa is just as good as a $10k big-name spa.