Lounger Seat? Football Jets?

sonomablue

Wow, I just finished reading the last couple pages of posts and this thread has really turned into a "humdinger". Gee, paint, that injury of yours really gives you a lot of time to sit on your computer and respond to all combatants! Plus, it appears that your typing skills are improving to the point where I can almost now fully understand your written word. Congrats!

First of all, I would ask the moderators to monitor the mechanics of this site. The quote feature doesn't seem to be working properly so it makes it very difficult to figure out who is quoting whom and what statements belong to which writer. (I believe Steve confused a post from paint because of this.) Also, a post that seemed to originate from my British friend was marked as a paint post. So there are some internal problems to be corrected I believe.

To the subject at hand, I applaud my friend from overseas as to his conduct and demeaner while conversing with paint. It certainly is a pleasure to read proper English sentences and well formulated thoughts than some of the jibberish that we Americans put out there! And paint, I think you went past the point of staying respectful in your continued attack against him and/or his decision-making process. What is your real issue here? For crying out loud, if you think you made a great purchase at a phenomenal price, be happy. But as I asked you before (in another thread I believe) you have never identified as to who you are or what you do. Don't you see that you will NEVER have the credibility you seem to yearn for from the readers unless you come clean. If you work for Costco or HydroSpa, don't be ashamed. I believe you would get more respect than by "hiding in the shadows" as many readers think you are doing. Tom from Arctic clearly shows who he works for and he is well respected by almost all for his thoughts.

And you also seem to have a true disdain for salespeople in general. I have already responded to you as an insurance broker that I do not like the trend in my business re: internet sales of personal lines products. But I am adjusting and trying to find different markets to which to sell where the internet will not affect me. My neighbor across the street is a travel agent and his traditional business was decimated by the internet. He turned to selling cruises in an attempt to insulate himself, but the internet is catching up to him again (even though pricing is comparable either working thru him with full service or going and booking yourself on the net, so go figure that one). You obviously are not in sales for I find the most hostile people towards what I call "full service sales" are those who have never sold anything in their life. You therefore have no empathy for folks who have worked for 30 or more years and find themselves out of a job because of technology changes. Well, you know what paint, your time may be coming too where some machine or device will put you out of a job. And at this point in time, I'm not even sure how you support yourself. Maybe welfare, inheritance, drug dealing?

After I decided on my Tundra, I pointed out my reasons for my purchase in one thread. People were free to accept and agree with my thoughts or reject them. Subsequently, I have had some interesting and sometimes slightly elevated discussions with folks that have differing opinions with me, but on the whole, I thought they were civil and constructive. All I can tell you is that I don't believe you are changing anyone's opinion on this brand of spa because you are not presenting any facts just as you accuse others. Yes, you go on with the litany of descriptive items which HydroSpa uses (and I've agreed with you many times that they sound great), but I will remind you that the bottom line is that there have been more negative comments written about them than any other mfg. In fact, there have been one or two threads that only dealt with customers of HydroSpa who had problems with them. And not just sophisticated ones such as control panel issues, but things like doors falling off of the cabinet, jets missing from units, no owners manuals supplied with the unit, no or very little insulation to the units, NO dealers in a market the size of Chicago, etc. I could go on but these types of things make people (like me when I was seriously considering buying the Omni) wonder what kind of company is this?

Well my 2 college kids are just getting home for T-giving break so I've got to run but I have some additional thoughts and questions for you paint which I would love for you to address. But it will have to wait for now. By the way, how big of a plant is HydroSpa building and where is it located? Business must be good and profits large enough for them to expand, wouldn't you say? How will this affect your paycheck from them?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'll wait till you're done and get it all out!

I never met a salesman I didn't like!!!!! It's the priceing I dont like.

The $1800.00 price differance on a Hotsprings Sovereing kinda got me upset I have to admit! Fife, Seattle , Issiquah and Lacey WA.

All the same owner but thats alot to be off on the same spa for no more then a one hour drive and three withinn 30 minutes...Again, Salesmn good! Pice bad!

Have a good time with your kids.

Oh yeah, I did state what I did for a living!

[quote name='Spa User Guy' date='Nov 9 2006, 01:45 PM' post='15787]

And to think I thought you worked for Costco, before you started doing this full time. How much do they pay you to be a full time poster here Pool & Spa, and what is the benefit package like? ......lol

I had to shatter my left wrist to get this"job"and I only moonlight as a paint company so while my employees are bussy painting I get to work for Hydrospa!! Pretty cool huh :lol:

Paint has never clearly stated what he does. Sure spends a lot of time defending hydrospa products and maybe even creating some other suspicious sounding aliases to support his own arguments. I noticed that there were several new threads started that sepcifically focused or had listed Hydrospa as the topic of discussion.

If I was a cynic, I might beleive that a legion of Hydrospa employees was stuffing the ballot box. I've seen them do it on another board, but at least it is out in the open. Oh well, nothing like a pissed off customer to rain on their parade.

somethings not right with the board posting

I had to shatter my left wrist to get this"job"and I only moonlight as a paint company so while my employees are bussy painting I get to work for Hydrospa!! Pretty cool huh :lol:

So what does that mean? Are you a painter, do you own a painting company, do you paint spas? does your company paint spas, Do you work for hydrospa or costco?

I find that when it is difficult to get a straight answer from some people, that they are people I tend to distrust.

I'm back paint. You know, I really don't care what you do for a living EXCEPT for this reason. To my knowledge, you have been on this forum for a short time (a month maybe?) and have for the great majority of the time only posted on the subject of the Costco/Hydrospa product. This is your right and I have no personal problem with it, but I believe the majority of the readers infer from your comments that you do have a vested interest in some way with Costco or Hydrospa. No sane person without a vested interest would put forth the amount of time and energy that you do by defending a tub of hot water! While you appear to be a poor typist/speller (which also may be a guise), I do not underestimate your knowledge of this brand or the competition.

I too feel that many of the major mfgs' products are overpriced for the amount of features they provide, but I don't carry on a campaign against them or dealer markups! What upsets people about you (I believe) is your contention that the Costco brand is just as good (or better) than higher priced dealer models without ANY proof that you intimately know how each product is specifically manufactured. YOU are the one making the charge that the Hydrospa is just as good as the competition; therefore it is your obligation to prove to US that your OPINIONS are true. Your opposition, on the other hand, states they are not as good based on the numbers of complaints registered against this company (with BBB and on these forums) by owners as well as admitted repair techs. Their opinion is based on observation; you are implying that your opinion is based on fact, yet you have never specifically proved your case with FACTS that the components used in the Hydrospa are equivalent to those used by their competition (specifically the more well known and regarded mfgs).

My final comment and question for now is this. You have never specifically stated what make and model the Costco Platinum II most compares against. Would you please give me an answer to that question? I would then like to pursue the issue of the cost of mfg with you. Thanks.

I took the time to take off panels, sit in spas, wet test and discuss products on many different lines of spas. This allowed my familly to save thousands of dollars on a spa purchase without sacrificing quality, features or service. To me the time was well spent and my familly is rewarded for my dilligence. This is only some of what I learned:

I know the what a 56 frame pump has over a 48 frame, Emmerson...A.O. Smith...G.E. Ect...

silent flow circ pump vs. 1/15 hp silent sentry heavy duty 30 gpm circ pump.

Acrcylic shell with hand rolled fiberglass with Microban and the importance of the materials and process.

Manifold no blue glue sweep 90 with 2" wet ends vs. ABS. 1 1/2 inch blue glue series plumbing.

Spa pacs as to quality vs. junk and also repair down the road after warranty.

Full foam insulation vs. Arctic Co-heat generated insulation and sealed methods, which offers advantages and why.

Operating cost in general.

spas looked at:

Hotsprings Sovereign. $10,600.00 quote

Clearwater Ultrasage. $8,000.00 quote

Sundance Optima $10,200.oo quote

Calspa 300 $4,400.00 quote

Hydrospa Omni $7,300.00 Actual price

Costco Elite Platinum II $3,999.00 Actuall price

Discovery 400 series $4,000,00 Actual price

I did my research and know the specs, cost and guts in each spa and more. I didn't as you say wesj53, "steal" from a dealer just because I comparison shopped and purchased elsewhere. You know very well that people shop the rate in loans and insurance, do you consider that stealing as well?

[/color]I did my research and know the specs, cost and guts in each spa and more. I didn't as you say wesj53, "steal" from a dealer just because I comparison shopped and purchased elsewhere. You know very well that people shop the rate in loans and insurance, do you consider that stealing as well?

Up till now paint, I have communicated with you in a civil manner. But before I spend any more time debating this issue with you, I am going to ask you to tell me where I specifically stated that you "stole" from a dealer. This is a serious charge you have made against me and I vehemently object to this characterization. You seem to be having a lot of fun acting very pompous with the contributors of this forum, but I for one will not stand for lies from you. Therefore, promptly reference my post that you attribute this statement to. If you cannot, I promise to contact the moderators of this site to pull your IP number and ban you from this site. If this was of a more serious subject than stinking hot tubs, I'd also sue you for libel.

I'll give you the rest of the day to think about your comments. I'm off to my church to usher for a sellout performance (1500 tickets sold) for a nationally reknowned Christian magician/illusionist! I'll say a prayer for you paint to start practicing the Golden Rule!

A "Christian magician"? Now there's a niche. Does he part water, no wait, that's the Jewish magician :rolleyes:

Just back for a moment before I jump into my Tundra for a few minutes. His name is Andre Kole; performed in 72 countries and all 50 states and helped David Copperfield on the Statue of Liberty disappearing allusion. He was quite good and spoke well about his own faith and how it changed his life. But David, I infer from your comment that you apparently don't need any magic in your life, do you?

Up till now paint, I have communicated with you in a civil manner. But before I spend any more time debating this issue with you, I am going to ask you to tell me where I specifically stated that you "stole" from a dealer. This is a serious charge you have made against me and I vehemently object to this characterization. You seem to be having a lot of fun acting very pompous with the contributors of this forum, but I for one will not stand for lies from you. Therefore, promptly reference my post that you attribute this statement to. If you cannot, I promise to contact the moderators of this site to pull your IP number and ban you from this site. If this was of a more serious subject than stinking hot tubs, I'd also sue you for libel.

I'll give you the rest of the day to think about your comments. I'm off to my church to usher for a sellout performance (1500 tickets sold) for a nationally reknowned Christian magician/illusionist! I'll say a prayer for you paint to start practicing the Golden Rule!

and I quote wesj53...........

I may be wrong, but people like paint, seem to be the type who will visit a retail store (let's use camera as an example), investigate the features and prices of various makes and models consuming the time of the sales person assisting him or her without any intention of buying from the store. That person then goes to a big box store or to the internet and buys the same unit for a lower price. That, in my estimation, is STEALING!! Stealing time from that retailer when there was little or no thought of buying the product from him. If thinking like that continues, then we shall become a country of Walmarts, Costcos, and Sams Clubs, providing nothing else than the cheapest price. If that is what the American public wants, then that is what we shall get, keeping in mind it will put thousands of additional people out of work from higher paying jobs to lower paying ones.

[/color]

[/color]

HMMMMmmmmmmmm...........

So the questions remain. Is the Hydropsa unit as good as paintsunni claims? Are there reasons to be concerned about the quality? Who is paintnsunni and why does he go to such great lengths to defend the Hydrospa product.

Why paintsunni consistently turn arguments of fact into subtle attacks undermining other posters? Who is paintnsunni? My guess is that this person is a stealth poster for the companies the he shills