Pentair Whisperflo Pump

While cleaning my DE filter, I drained the water from my Pentair Whisperflo pumps.

One of the drain plugs snapped when I put it back on. It just kept turning and turning...so I continued to tighten - until it snapped off. I sure feel like an idiot now. I thought the plastic was higher quality than that.

How should I remove the broken piece? It's all plastic.

I have one foot of access on that side, although it's kind of awkward. I don't like the idea of drilling into plastic threads, but I might not have a choice?

While cleaning my DE filter, I drained the water from my Pentair Whisperflo pumps.

One of the drain plugs snapped when I put it back on. It just kept turning and turning...so I continued to tighten - until it snapped off. I sure feel like an idiot now. I thought the plastic was higher quality than that.

I have one foot of access on that side, although it's kind of awkward. I don't like the idea of drilling into plastic threads, but I might not have a choice?

If you have a heat gun you heat up a tip of a screw driver and insert into the plastic. It should melt it enough to make a groove to back it out.

The other option is buying a easy out tool which requires drilling

If you have a heat gun you heat up a tip of a screw driver and insert into the plastic. It should melt it enough to make a groove to back it out.

The other option is buying a easy out tool which requires drilling

I don't think a hair dryer will get hot enough also

depending on the plug, some have a notch in them just for this reason when they snap you can get a screw driver in just enough to back the plug out. If not, tap your screwdriver with a hammer on the plug. Not too hard, you should be able to notch the plug for a screwdriver without wrecking the threads.