Operational Modes

Standard vs economy vs sleep....I am assuming that there are electricity savings pending the mode we put our new spa in. If our intentions are to use early morning and and again late evening daily, which mode would we be better off using? Is there a significant savings to this?

Thank you

Using a Balboa system, I am saving some money using Economy mode...the water is only heated during the filter cycle vs. Standard mode where the water is heated once it drops below a certain threshold throughout the day (I think).

In my spa, the water temp (even on the coldest nights) never drops more than 2F from 100F using Economy mode running 1 hour every 12 hours. Note: According to the owner's manual, the 1-hour cycle option is not mentioned...and it is not recommended to use filtering cycles less than 4 hours per day...but my water is clear with very low demand and no scale or scum to date.

Depending on how well you maintain your water quality (bather load/cleanliness notwithstanding) and the efficiency/effective-insulation of your spa, you may be able to save money by using the Economy mode.

Regarding the degree of savings...that would depend on the insulation quality of the spa; perhaps using 30-40% less energy in Economy mode for a typical spa (just a guess).