We Took The Plunge!

After a couple months of research, dry/wet testing and seeking the advice of this forum, we took the plunge and ordered a Maax 471. We are really excited and should be receiving next week. So, right when we thought the hard part was behind us, the salesman whips out a Spa Chemical starter form...as my teenager would say...OMG! Four choices! So I am counting on you all to help me out again. The choices are:

1) BaquaSpa Kit

2) Bromine Kit

3) Brilliance Kit

4) Nature II Kit

The salesman recommended #4 although he uses #2. I am clueless. Please help me out one more time.

Thanks, Sandy

After a couple months of research, dry/wet testing and seeking the advice of this forum, we took the plunge and ordered a Maax 471. We are really excited and should be receiving next week. So, right when we thought the hard part was behind us, the salesman whips out a Spa Chemical starter form...as my teenager would say...OMG! Four choices! So I am counting on you all to help me out again. The choices are:

1) BaquaSpa Kit

2) Bromine Kit

3) Brilliance Kit

4) Nature II Kit

The salesman recommended #4 although he uses #2. I am clueless. Please help me out one more time.

Thanks, Sandy

Research seems to show that your spa comes equipped with a Clean Zone 2 system that combines UV with Ozone for sanitation. In our experience the Nature II would be redundant and not necessary - we don't like bromine.

We use very low level chlorine with our ozone generator and after 14 years we have never had a problem and always had crystal clear and safe and sanitized water.

I think you can rely on the Clean Zone 2 system to do like 95% of the sanitation so just keep your PH and Alkalinity at good levels and maybe a small amount of an additional sanitizer like chlorine to insure perfectly good water.

Ditto on above. The main unit will do most of the work. Keep the pH balanced and some sanitizer and you should be good to go. Also depends on how much and how many people use the spa. Mine gets regular use and all I use is my Ozone generator and a bit of 4 in one after each use along with normal PH adjustments and occasional water additions.

Good Luck!

#1. My advice: Stay away from #1 it can be really expensive! I know several people who have ditched it for that reason.

#2. I use #2 although have used just chlorine in the past and it works well too. I like Bromine because I can just leave the floater in there and not worry about it as much.

#3. Looks bright and shiny, probably a lot more $$$ than just plain ol' chlorine.

#4 Completely agree with Imnay..."redundant".

BTW your dealer is going to charge you a premium to buy those chemicals in his store. Take some friendly advice. Read these forums, and your owners manual. Go to www.spadepot.com and save a lot of money by ordering your stuff from them. That is what I did, and I save 50%++ on everything I buy when compared to any local spa dealer. Just an FYI I'm sure several dealers will post in here about how your dealer will know about water conditions in your area, and how they can get your water balanced..and....blah blah blah.... anyone that can read can get the chemicals right, and no it isn't some magical mystical skill that only spa dealers have. Hope this helps!

Thanks to all of you who replied. This forum has been a great informational tool since we started this process. Great to have a place to go and talk to real owners! Hot tub being delivered today. I will continue to check in and possibly offer some help of my own as I become more experienced. Thanks again!