Jandy Aqualink Rs6 Problems

jgskid

Jandy RS6 with two problems. First at startup everything was fine then All button controller all lights came on and stayed on. After turning Power Center power off and back on now no response from controller at all with and without battery installed. It did come on erratically a few times then appeared to loose power. Controller IS getting 10vdc at the plug in the back and reset has no effect.Suggestions? Second issue. Six months ago Power Center got wet resulting in problems with several relays that chatter but end up off. Replaced 3814 driver chip on V9 but still having problems with some relays. Everything controlled by V10 chip works fine. I could live with it but any suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

Can you take the panel in the house off the wall? If so, get a length of 22ga 2 pair wire (telco wire) and hook it up to the panel outside. Keep track of wire colors. This will test your wire running under/trough the house. If the panel works ok outside, then your wire under the house has been chewed by an animal of some type. The red and the black wires carry the power and the other two do the functions. Thats why you may still have power, but no function. The two signal wires might be the only two wires that got damaged. Thats the inexpensive test.

Reading on in your post, you maybe looking at a new board, first things first.

• 1 month later...

My problem with the RS6...

The spa heater light comes on on my indoor control panel when the pump is off.

When I press the button to turn it off I see the message "Disabling SPA heater"

on the console. It turns off but then turns on a few minutes later it comes back on.

I reset everything by disconnected power to the main controller and removing

battery. I turned the power back on and pressed the reset button on the indoor

controller. Had to reprogram it and while doing so the pool booster pump (and

hence main pump) came on.

I tested the spa-side controller as it could be faulty and be sending bad commands

to the main controller. I check for shorts and also that all 4 buttons work using

my meter on the spa-side controller connector at the main pane. All looks okay.

Any ideas or suggestions? I guess I could disconnect the spa-side controller

and run the system to run that out.

Thanks

My problem with the RS6...

The spa heater light comes on on my indoor control panel when the pump is off.

When I press the button to turn it off I see the message "Disabling SPA heater"

on the console. It turns off but then turns on a few minutes later it comes back on.

I reset everything by disconnected power to the main controller and removing

battery. I turned the power back on and pressed the reset button on the indoor

controller. Had to reprogram it and while doing so the pool booster pump (and

hence main pump) came on.

I tested the spa-side controller as it could be faulty and be sending bad commands

to the main controller. I check for shorts and also that all 4 buttons work using

my meter on the spa-side controller connector at the main pane. All looks okay.

Any ideas or suggestions? I guess I could disconnect the spa-side controller

Thanks

I guess I could disconnect the spa-side controller

Thanks

Try that, if it begins to work ok, then you have a bad switch at spa.

Thanks for your prompt response Clown!

On top of all this, my 220V pump wouldn't turn on after after resetting the breake

a couple of times. Turns out the 30A circuit breaker was faulty. I replaced it and

the pump is working again. I no have the spa switch disconnected and don't see the

heater light coming on. I will try reconnecting the switch (now that I have a new

breaker) to make sure it's faulty. I'm a little suspicious because it Ohm'd correctly.

If I replace the spa switch can I cut the cable at the spa end and attach the

new switch, rather than pulling the new cable through the conduit? I was thinking

of using heat shrink tubing to cover the connection or maybe a coat of epoxy.

Thanks.

NO!!! Don't cut the switch. MUST be pulled through as one piece. You can pull the old one out and pull about 6-12 inches and cut the end off. Strip the wire back and attach the end of the new switch and pull the whole thing through using the old cord as the fish tape.

The switch ohm'd because the switch is still good, It's turning your stuff on ain't it? If the switch is in the tile line then it probably got water inside and well, you know what happened then.

NO!!! Don't cut the switch. MUST be pulled through as one piece. You can pull the old one out and pull about 6-12 inches and cut the end off. Strip the wire back and attach the end of the new switch and pull the whole thing through using the old cord as the fish tape.

The switch ohm'd because the switch is still good, It's turning your stuff on ain't it? If the switch is in the tile line then it probably got water inside and well, you know what happened then.

The switch is in the coping above the spa. We did get very heavy rains recently though.

Great idea about fishing the new wire through the conduit Pool Clown.

Thanks

• 11 months later...

I have a similar problem with my rs6 to those being posted here...

My pool cleaner (booster pump) cycles itself on and off every minute or so. This just started happening randomly. I've cleared the indoor Rs6 memory using the system tools clear process (which removes all schedules) and run the diagnostic process which says everything is ok -- and I still have the problem. Even when everything is off, the cleaner will turn on for a minute (or a few seconds) and then turn right back off. The weird thing is that if I run the override at the control box outside, I can get everything to work just fine. It is only when the manual override mode is off on the external control until that I get this weird behavior. Has anyone else seen this weird on/off cycling behavior and fixed it?

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem with my rs6 to those being posted here...

My pool cleaner (booster pump) cycles itself on and off every minute or so. This just started happening randomly. I've cleared the indoor Rs6 memory using the system tools clear process (which removes all schedules) and run the diagnostic process which says everything is ok -- and I still have the problem. Even when everything is off, the cleaner will turn on for a minute (or a few seconds) and then turn right back off. The weird thing is that if I run the override at the control box outside, I can get everything to work just fine. It is only when the manual override mode is off on the external control until that I get this weird behavior. Has anyone else seen this weird on/off cycling behavior and fixed it?

yes i have a pool that is having a similar issue. the pool motor does this though. it does it 24/7. also i noticed when i was resetting the memory that the air temperature was stuck at 113 and i could not get it to adjust. please if you find your solution post it here

You too Shaggy, disable your spa side remote.

Is your air (freeze) sensor in the sun? 133 could be normal. Your air sensor is just like a thermometer in that, if you leave it in the sun, it will shoot up past 100 degrees with no problem, even on mild days.

• 9 years later...

I am having an Aqualink RS6 issue with my booster pump turning itself on randomly for the last few weeks-I just go to my indoor control panel and turn the button off but it continues to come on and I can hear it turn itself off at times-with this covid19 crisis seems I am stuck to fix this for myself-when the booster was on I tried to turn it off at the spa switch, and the outdoor main control panel  and it did not respond-from some of your posts I read it seems water in the switch at the spa might be an issue and my switch sits real close to if not in  water-I had changed the spa switch out with my old pool guy about 7 years ago helping him pull in the cable but I do not remember why we had to change it-any thought on a temporary fix like removing the booster wire off its contact or something?  or is it another issue I can do a temp fix?