Tip A Spa On Its Side Help

Heya guys new question that sorta ties in with the other.

I think I killed the rodent. but I have sraps of insulation everywhere.

So I have read to use great stuff spray foam to fix it. but I cant get to all sides

Wall

a

l

l

the other two sides are open.

So my thought would be flipping it on its side to get to the underneith.

it seems that there is a bottom of a black plastic tarp material that I could cut through

But how can I flip it?

its just me my wife and son so it would have to be something we could do

any help would be great

its a proform saturn 7 person spa

It's hard to visualize what you are exactly trying to do.

When I wanted access to the bottom of our Hot Springs Prodigy my wife and I easily were able to put the spa on blocks two feet off the ground - we could have raised it higher but had no need as two feet game me complete access to get underneath.

We did this incrementally - first, or course, empty all water. Next I used a sturdy dolly to slip under a corner and raise it enough to put a 4X4 under the corner and then did the same for other three corners - this game me enough space to slip a one ton jack under middle of one edge and raise that side enough for concrete blocks under both corners of that side and then did the same to the other side and repeated the process until spa corners each had three block for 24 inch lift - could have turned blocks long way for more lift but, again, didn't need it. If you can get enough access by putting it up on blocks remember DO NOT put water in it with just the corners supported - you would need to put support under multiple locations under the bottom CAREFULLY in order to be able to fill the spa when lifted off the ground.

You could do the same for putting your spa on it's side. Lift one side a bit and get 4X4 pieces under two corners of one side and then use a jack to lift enough for either another 4X4 piece or a 8 inch concrete blocks. Once you have one side lifter 8 or 12 or sixteen inches you, your wife and son together should have enough leverage to lift the spa remaining distance to rest on one side.

Now, lowering it back down could be tricky but get creative and it can be done by the three of you.

It's hard to visualize what you are exactly trying to do.

When I wanted access to the bottom of our Hot Springs Prodigy my wife and I easily were able to put the spa on blocks two feet off the ground - we could have raised it higher but had no need as two feet game me complete access to get underneath.

We did this incrementally - first, or course, empty all water. Next I used a sturdy dolly to slip under a corner and raise it enough to put a 4X4 under the corner and then did the same for other three corners - this game me enough space to slip a one ton jack under middle of one edge and raise that side enough for concrete blocks under both corners of that side and then did the same to the other side and repeated the process until spa corners each had three block for 24 inch lift - could have turned blocks long way for more lift but, again, didn't need it. If you can get enough access by putting it up on blocks remember DO NOT put water in it with just the corners supported - you would need to put support under multiple locations under the bottom CAREFULLY in order to be able to fill the spa when lifted off the ground.

You could do the same for putting your spa on it's side. Lift one side a bit and get 4X4 pieces under two corners of one side and then use a jack to lift enough for either another 4X4 piece or a 8 inch concrete blocks. Once you have one side lifter 8 or 12 or sixteen inches you, your wife and son together should have enough leverage to lift the spa remaining distance to rest on one side.

Now, lowering it back down could be tricky but get creative and it can be done by the three of you.

I can try that I just wanted to be sure it wouldnt hurt anything if I did it

its a full foam spa and I have heard mixed things about flipping it

I can try that I just wanted to be sure it wouldnt hurt anything if I did it

its a full foam spa and I have heard mixed things about flipping it

The mixed things you've heard are wrong. Tip it to the equipment side.

So my thought would be flipping it on its side to get to the underneith.

it seems that there is a bottom of a black plastic tarp material that I could cut through

But how can I flip it?

its just me my wife and son so it would have to be something we could do

any help would be great

its a proform saturn 7 person spa

just my opinion but if its a true 7 person spa and you and your son aren't very strong it might be a good idea to hire a helper or enlist a friend or 2. a big spa like that can get someone seiously hurt if you aren't experienced.

was abble to get under my spa but can not figure out what cluster storm body I need.

Looking at it it seems to have a elbow 90d and i can see where another tube comes into it a little higer up. and it looks like it uses a tension clamp to get it there but I cant seem to get the foam i'm honestly afraid of tearing up the tubeing any help here would be great

heres the we site that shows the cluster storm bodies

http://www.uspartscenter.com/index.asp?Pag...h=GO&Page=1