Caldera Price Quotes

I looked at some Hot Spring and Caldera spas at a dealer here in CT. The Tahitian and Geneva seemed very nice. I was interested in the HS Envoy but he did not have one on hand. He mentioned that prices had dropped due to the economy and he was offering some special pricing - the usual approach. It is a family business that has been in business for 20+ years. The owner was very helpful and knowledgeable. It is not a better business registered company but it has no complaints against it either.

He quoted me the following sale prices. I am wondering how reasonable they are. All prices include cover, lifter, steps, water care kit, orientation, delivery and ozonater if not part of the spa. I lam interested in the Tahitian but am wondering if there is reasonable wiggle room with these prices. I do want them to make a profit but wouldn't mind knocking some $$ off.

Caldera Tahitian $8369

Caldera Geneva $8729

Hot Spring Envoy $8459

Thanks,

Pat D

Don't know about the Hot Spring, but the prices for the two Calderas look good, at least compared to the prices marked on the 2009 Utopia Series spas at a store near Seattle. Seems like they were over $10,000. I didn't try to negotiate their prices. I bought a 2008 Caldera Martinique, which is one step down in class, for $6500, with the same extras you list plus the GFCI box. He was firm at that price, wouldn't drop it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the pricing on the Caldera Spa models seems very fair and both of those models are the top of the line. I would recommend Caldera over Hot Springs, especially for the comfort. Calderas are known to be the most comfortable spas on the market and they have all of the other features you want in a spa.

I looked at some Hot Spring and Caldera spas at a dealer here in CT. The Tahitian and Geneva seemed very nice. I was interested in the HS Envoy but he did not have one on hand. He mentioned that prices had dropped due to the economy and he was offering some special pricing - the usual approach. It is a family business that has been in business for 20+ years. The owner was very helpful and knowledgeable. It is not a better business registered company but it has no complaints against it either.

He quoted me the following sale prices. I am wondering how reasonable they are. All prices include cover, lifter, steps, water care kit, orientation, delivery and ozonater if not part of the spa. I lam interested in the Tahitian but am wondering if there is reasonable wiggle room with these prices. I do want them to make a profit but wouldn't mind knocking some $$ off.

Caldera Tahitian $8369

Caldera Geneva $8729

Hot Spring Envoy $8459

Thanks,

Pat D

That's even a good price for the Hotspring model. Since all these models are made by Watkins with mostly the same parts it your choice. By the way they include covers, GFCI panel and ozone as part of the spa from Watkins