Std Econ Slp Modes

What are the differences between these modes. When I put it in ECON or SLP the control panel flashes between temp. and mode. Is that normal or do I need to push some buttons to actually set the mode??? I've read about resetting the control back to defaults, but this one dosen't have a timer capability that I know off. Is there something the memory does as to how the tub is used? What exactly would it reset or is that only if alarms are flashing. Somehow I think I like the mechanical spa packs with timers.

Also I can get to the filt cycles it shows 2, 4, 6 or 8? What do these mean?

What are the differences between these modes. When I put it in ECON or SLP the control panel flashes between temp. and mode. Is that normal or do I need to push some buttons to actually set the mode??? I've read about resetting the control back to defaults, but this one dosen't have a timer capability that I know off. Is there something the memory does as to how the tub is used? What exactly would it reset or is that only if alarms are flashing. Somehow I think I like the mechanical spa packs with timers.

Those controls ae designed to turn on the filter pump twice a day in normal mode. Resetting it would be shutting the power off for a few minutes and then back on. You first of 2 filter cycles starts at that time, second 12 hous later. 2, 4, 6, 8, or FC (Filter continuasly) means the lenght of time it flters every 12 hours.

ECONOMY (ECON) mode means it will only turn on the heater during one of those filter cycles. SLEEP (SLP) mode means it will only heat when the water reaches freeze temp.

Thanks Roger, I think I'm getting how it works now. Previously when I ran the tub I left it on Std

mode all the time so should I switch to Econ mode when not actually in the tub??? To estimate my power usage I'm using 10 cents per kwh. Is this comparable to other areas?? This is in Portland, Or area. Last night after using the tub I lowered set temp. to 98 deg. and switched to Econ mode. Display flashes between Econ and temp. Is that what it is supposed to do so we know to switch back to Std when getting in tub? Do you think it is better to lower temp. setting a few degrees when out of tub or just let it stay at 102 Deg.???? It has been about the 12hr. time frame since using tub last night and I just noticed the heater was on and brought temp. back to my 98 Deg. setting. It had only dropped to about 96 deg. I think. I was thinking about hooking up a little light to the heater line so I can see from my window how often it is turning on???? Sound like a good idea??

Those controls ae designed to turn on the filter pump twice a day in normal mode. Resetting it would be shutting the power off for a few minutes and then back on. You first of 2 filter cycles starts at that time, second 12 hous later. 2, 4, 6, 8, or FC (Filter continuasly) means the lenght of time it flters every 12 hours.

ECONOMY (ECON) mode means it will only turn on the heater during one of those filter cycles. SLEEP (SLP) mode means it will only heat when the water reaches freeze temp.

On the Patinum II spa the filter mode setting is disabled at the factory when the spa is shipped, you will need to reset the dip switch settings as the 24 hour circ pump eliminates the need for a "filter cycle" or the need to have the main pumps run 2,4,6 or continuous. These settings show on the balboa topside control but this topside control is a general control that is used on many spas that do not use a 24 hour circulation pump and need to have filter cycles twice daily. Your spa does not need to have the filter cycle. When you set the filter cycle to a longer filter cycle, the pumps won't do anything other then purge for five minutes twice daily.

The Patinum spa is always ready and clean and not complicated as some spas are with filter cycles, clean cycles ect. What is nice about your spa control is you can order a indoor wireless control and a floating remote that both are simple plug and play devices. I plan on ordering the remote wireless pad so I can see and change the settings from inside my house.

Ok Now I'm still confused. What dip switch would need to be changed and why?? I do have the 24/7 circ. pump and dip switch is set for that. I did try changing that one and heater still came on with no circulation, not good. Heater began to get too hot.

So in Econ mode heater will still come on every 12hrs. but no high speed pump for filtration?? I have heard the high speed pump and blower come on by themselves but not sure of the timing???

My control is the Balboa LE2000 M7 with dip switches on the right side of box. They seem to match what info I can find at Balboa and Sterling spa websites.

My display is still flashing Econ mode and I set temp. up to 102 deg., actual temp. was reading 98 deg. and heater came on regardless of the 12 hr. cycle???? ;) It is now heating to 102 deg. even though the Econ is flashing???

Ok Now I'm still confused. What dip switch would need to be changed and why?? I do have the 24/7 circ. pump and dip switch is set for that. I did try changing that one and heater still came on with no circulation, not good. Heater began to get too hot.

So in Econ mode heater will still come on every 12hrs. but no high speed pump for filtration?? I have heard the high speed pump and blower come on by themselves but not sure of the timing???

My control is the Balboa LE2000 M7 with dip switches on the right side of box. They seem to match what info I can find at Balboa and Sterling spa websites.

My display is still flashing Econ mode and I set temp. up to 102 deg., actual temp. was reading 98 deg. and heater came on regardless of the 12 hr. cycle???? ;) It is now heating to 102 deg. even though the Econ is flashing???

Be carefull just relying on the circ pump in that tub. I have seen the morphidite plumbing on those and am here to tell you it may not be doing anything. Use the filter sycles with the jet pump and forget the circ pump.

Be carefull just relying on the circ pump in that tub. I have seen the morphidite plumbing on those and am here to tell you it may not be doing anything. Use the filter sycles with the jet pump and forget the circ pump.

The display will flash between econ and preset temperature whenever the water temperature is less then the user set temperature.

What are you talking about Roger?? The spa is designed to run off the circ. pump and not the jet pumps for heat and filtration. Obviously as you have stated in the past Roger, you have not worked on any of the Platinum " Hydrospas" sold through Costco! You can easily download a plumbing schematic so please show us what is done incorrectly Roger?

This is from the Platinum website: http://www.platinumhottubs.com/manuals/Pla...ll50hzUKMan.pdf

Preset Filter Cycles (For use during Economy {ECN}or Sleep {SLP}modes)

The first filter cycle begins 6 minutes after the spa is energized. The second filter cycle begins 12 hours later. Filter duration is

programmable for 2, 4, 6, and 8 hours or for continuous filtration (indicated by “FILC ”). The default filter time is 2 hours. To

program, press “Warm” or “Cool”, then “Jets 1”. Press “Warm” or “Cool” to adjust. Press “Jets 1” to exit programming. At the

beginning of each filter cycle the blower purges for 30 seconds; the pumps purge for 5 minutes. The only effect filter duration has is:

1) During the filter, the circ pump never turns off, and 2) In Economy and Sleep Modes, heating only occurs during the filter cycle.

Thanks soakerguy, I'm not sure what Roger is trying to say??? I read the manual at the link you give. My top panel doesn't have a timer option button. It doesn't seem to be in the Econ mode even though it flashes or something isn't working right. Econ is flashing even when temp. is reached. Manual says will not flash when temp. falls below set temp. but heater not supposed to come on until filter cycle begins, but my heater is coming on and maintaining temp. just as if its still in standard mode and Econ never stops flashing???? I will call Balboa tommorrow and see if they can help. Any ideas??? The only thing that is using excessive electric is the heater coming on to often as far as I can tell. I did replace the circ. pump already with a new one. Old one got hot and was noisey so I started with that. I just set the Filter cycle to 2 as I did have it on 8 so maybe that allowed the heater to keep coming on. So if I understand correctly if in Econ mode

heater would be able to switch on and off for 2hrs at 12 hour intervals. And because I have 24hr.

circ. pump that the main jet pump won't have to run for the 2hrs. because circ. pump is doing that job all the time. Does that sound correct??? Thanks :huh:

Also do you buy that insulation at Home Depot or building supply???? I will probably try the fiberglass insulation in plastic bag trick also.

Thanks soakerguy, I'm not sure what Roger is trying to say??? I read the manual at the link you give. My top panel doesn't have a timer option button. It doesn't seem to be in the Econ mode even though it flashes or something isn't working right. Econ is flashing even when temp. is reached. Manual says will not flash when temp. falls below set temp. but heater not supposed to come on until filter cycle begins, but my heater is coming on and maintaining temp. just as if its still in standard mode and Econ never stops flashing???? I will call Balboa tommorrow and see if they can help. Any ideas??? The only thing that is using excessive electric is the heater coming on to often as far as I can tell. I did replace the circ. pump already with a new one. Old one got hot and was noisey so I started with that. I just set the Filter cycle to 2 as I did have it on 8 so maybe that allowed the heater to keep coming on. So if I understand correctly if in Econ mode

heater would be able to switch on and off for 2hrs at 12 hour intervals. And because I have 24hr.

circ. pump that the main jet pump won't have to run for the 2hrs. because circ. pump is doing that job all the time. Does that sound correct??? Thanks :huh:

Also do you buy that insulation at Home Depot or building supply???? I will probably try the fiberglass insulation in plastic bag trick also.

The timer button is the only difference on the topside control. The one you have is simply set on a twelve and twenty four hour setting based on when the spa is powerd up. One thing you might try is putting the spa in the sleep mode and see if the heater icon "yellow light" on the top left of the spa pad goes out indicating the heater is off or if it stays on like you have observed in the economy mode. It does take a minute for the spa to respond to the change in the mode so I assume you are waiting a bit to see if the spa heater has quit rather then imidiately after the button is pressed to change the mode

I purchased the insulation roll at home depot which included the foil seam tape. I have read that others used "roxul" insulation and some used foil backed styrofoam panels at home depot, lows ect.

Thanks soakerguy, I think I now have a handle on the operating cycles. Not too complicated when we know what it is supposed to be doing. It seems to function just like it is supposed to now.

When we used the tub last night I set on STD cycle to maintain temp. while in tub, Then when done I dropped temp. setting to 100 deg. and put back on Econ mode and the Econ did not flash because actual water temp. was above 100 deg. Then when temp. fell below 100 deg. it flashes again which sounds like what it is supposed to do, but heater will not come on until the next 12 hr. filter cycle comes on and I have it set at the 2hr. cycle so that should be plenty of time to bring back up to set temp. I will have to experiment with the dropping of the set temp. Does anyone know if it is better just to leave it say at 102 deg. or drop it a couple degrees when not using

and then bump it back up just before using again if only using say in the evening and maybe not every day???? I will also add some insulation. There is not a lot of room inside cabinet with all the tubing. And I will leave enough air space for the motors and control. Now I will need to build a privacy curtain as they built 2 story houses higher than ours overlooking our backyard which is small to start with. But I can irritate them with the awesome stereo when they turn on their Mexican music. :D Laughs Can pictures be posted here or just a link to photo album?????

I have a Keys backyard spa I purchased two years ago from Home Depot that I have been battling. It seems to run constantly so I attempted to put it in economy mode. After randomly pushing the buttons it started flashing eC and 100. At this point it should run twice a day for two hours but it ran for 3hrs before I just shut it off. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a trick to the button sequence to get it in economy? I pushed the jet button along with pushing the down arrow temp button several hundred times before it finally went into EC.

Hi, We don't know what controller you have, but on mine I can just push the MODE button by itself to change modes. To change filter cycles COOL button and Jet1 same time, then let go and use COOL button to change each filter cycle on display then when on cycle you want push Jet1 again. Try starting a new topic and describe your hot tub Make model and controller. Someone will be able to help. Great help here from most.

Hi, We don't know what controller you have, but on mine I can just push the MODE button by itself to change modes. To change filter cycles COOL button and Jet1 same time, then let go and use COOL button to change each filter cycle on display then when on cycle you want push Jet1 again. Try starting a new topic and describe your hot tub Make model and controller. Someone will be able to help. Great help here from most.

Thanks... I just started a new topic with a little more detail. I will put the exact model on that post.