New Member And Question About Filter

diastiss

Hey guys,

Just bought this home and it came with an inground pool with a de filter. When I try to use the bottom filter that i attach with a pole and hose to the skimmer it starts to clean the pool but after a few mins dirty water starts shooting into the pool through the jets. Is there something i am doing wrong? I have the multi valve set on filter. The pump filter is clean but still seems to shoot the dirty stuff i'm sucking up back into the pool. it's an aries vertical grid DE filter and a hayward super II pump

Hey guys,

Just bought this home and it came with an inground pool with a de filter. When I try to use the bottom filter that i attach with a pole and hose to the skimmer it starts to clean the pool but after a few mins dirty water starts shooting into the pool through the jets. Is there something i am doing wrong? I have the multi valve set on filter. The pump filter is clean but still seems to shoot the dirty stuff i'm sucking up back into the pool. it's an aries vertical grid DE filter and a hayward super II pump

2 thoughts. you may have a hole in a grid of the filter. If you are cleaning for the first time did you get all the heavy debri out first with a net? Have you shocked the pool? Do you have algea. If it is coming out green you may need algecide as it will come back as fast as you vacuum.

this is the first time i've cleaned the pool. the water is crystal clear and ph/chlorine balanced. I may have a "ripped grid" but I honestly do not know how to figure that out. there is a way to open up the filter but I don't know if it's something i do, if i'll screw anything up. :rolleyes: The previous owners have someone come out and stabilze the chlorine but they do nothing else. Reattaching the blown off grid bundle is something pretty simple? just opening up the tank and popping it back on is an option?

These are the pictures of my pump and filter. I opened the filter up obviously haha, and found the filter was full of cakey sand material. I took off the "grids?" and hosed them off, i also cleaned out the inside of the tank. I refilled the tank with water and noticed that i did have about 3 of the grids had tears on the bottom of them. What kind of problems would that cause if i left them like that? Now I'm having a really hard time getting it to prime up now. Any more suggestions since i got pics up? :)

imag00141.jpg

imag00151.jpg

imag00161.jpg

You need to replace the grids (you have a hole in your filter). Filtering is diminished you will windup running the pump longer to get the same kind of filtering that you once got (bigger elec bill).

Change them and get a new tank o ring too.