Level Foundation For Portable Spa

artsd

I am thinking about a portable spa (probably a 7 footer) for my covered lanai. The concrete in my lanai drops 1 inch over 7 feet. Is that too far out of level to put the spa on?

If that is too far out of level, could I simply cover a 7 foot square area of the concrete (or a little oversized) with some heavy poly, build a little frame, pour some leveling compound or ready-mix, remove the frame, and place the spa on that? The reason for the poly would be so I could restore the lanai surface if I got rid of the spa.

Thanks.

Mine is probably at least that much slope. I just got a bunch of door jam shims and shimmed up the low side. Use many. Shim like every 6 inches or so. Thats what I did. The more shims you use, the more it spreads out the load. You can stack them too. I think at 1 inch out of level, It's really a cosmetic thing, so if you can only get a half inch, You will probably be the only one that can tell its not "level".

Pumps don't care if they are level or not. I just set my spa on an existing slab. There is an inch difference in water level from side to side. no one notices it unless I point it out.

Dave

Pumps don't care if they are level or not. I just set my spa on an existing slab. There is an inch difference in water level from side to side. no one notices it unless I point it out.

Dave

Thanks. I don't care about the water level being exactly level. I figured there was some room for play since not everyone will fill to the exact same level.