Jandy Aqualink Rs8 - Troubleshooting Help

Hello - I have a Jandy Aqualink with 2 issues: 1) the pool water temp is always above 100 degrees F, even in dead of winter - but I don't get any type of error message. 2) this morning I noticed the filter and cleaner were still running 2 hrs after scheduled finish time. Date/time settings and program settings are still intact, and there has been no power outage. The troubleshooting guide says to check the battery, and/or to clear the programs and reset. I turned the cleaner off at the controller this AM, and it shut off both the cleaner and the filter. About 2 hrs later, they both turned on again.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

thank you, Mike

Hello - I have a Jandy Aqualink with 2 issues: 1) the pool water temp is always above 100 degrees F, even in dead of winter - but I don't get any type of error message. 2) this morning I noticed the filter and cleaner were still running 2 hrs after scheduled finish time. Date/time settings and program settings are still intact, and there has been no power outage. The troubleshooting guide says to check the battery, and/or to clear the programs and reset. I turned the cleaner off at the controller this AM, and it shut off both the cleaner and the filter. About 2 hrs later, they both turned on again.

thank you, Mike

Its a bad logic board...

thank you, Mike

Its a bad logic board...

thanks very much. Is there another name for logic board, I'm not seeing that term here. Also, is this a part I can buy and install, or do I have to call in a pro?

It's call a bezel. Jandy says those things are kinda bullet proof. What goes bad is the chip. I would try replacing the temp sens first (cheaper). You wouldn't necessarily get a error msg while still getting a temp reading. The sensor may have just "slid" a little out of tolerance, not quite open yet.

I agree with the temperature sensor idea as I have had mine fail twice. You can check the resistance and check it against a published table from Jandy or perhaps you can even disconect it. I have had strange problems such as you describe with things turning on and off by themselves when my separate spa-side 4 button switches short out which they do every few years.