green water

Guest Sandy

I have had a spa for two months. After three days(using soft soak a biolab product) the water started to get a clear green tint. I had it tested many times, everything was in range (but it was green) so I drained it and refilled using the same chemicals. Again after three days clear green tint. Tested for metals(no copper) used sparkel up. No use, water still green. Drained and went to chlorine and bromine...I am on day number three and I think the water is turning green again. I don't know if it is an ozone problem or what. The water is clear and the filters are clean... On the last refill when I changed chemicals I flushed the lines and pumps so I should not have any soft soak chemical resudue..No swim suits allowed I know about laundry detergent and no funny stuff (I save that for the bedroom) So what could cause clear green tinted water it looks like Mountain due????Someone please help!!,

Guest Suncrest

It sounds to me like you might have free copper in your water and it is reacting to the chemicals you are using. Depending on how you tested for copper it could or could not show up. Did you use pool magnet with the sparkle up? If not, you might want to try it and see if that helps. Other then that, I don't know what else to say but Good Luck.

No just shock it with chlorine. but just use Clorox. if your tub is 250 gal use 1 Qt.

it take about 3 day for the clorox Evaporate from the tub. I have don't it been for!

If it come back you may have to change the water.