Hail Damage To Spa Cover

rentit

I've recently had hail damage to my property; needed new roof, windows, etc...

When he got to the spa, he said that since the vinyl is not ripped or torn he needs a letter from someone in the spa industry stating the cover needs replacement and then he will replace it.

Does anyone know where I could get a letter like this?

The spa cover is only about 3 months old on a new Vanguard spa.

The cover has over a hundred "dents" in the foam that can be felt with your fingers. Also, now when it rains, the cover fills with water, which I don't understand because I see NO holes in the vinyl.

Thank you.

I've recently had hail damage to my property; needed new roof, windows, etc...

When he got to the spa, he said that since the vinyl is not ripped or torn he needs a letter from someone in the spa industry stating the cover needs replacement and then he will replace it.

Does anyone know where I could get a letter like this?

The spa cover is only about 3 months old on a new Vanguard spa.

The cover has over a hundred "dents" in the foam that can be felt with your fingers. Also, now when it rains, the cover fills with water, which I don't understand because I see NO holes in the vinyl.

Thank you.

Have your selling dealer write the letter for you.

This is a good idea of course, but he expects me to buy a new cover from him, which I would, but I'm not impressed with the cover quality from Hot Spring and would rather buy an aftermarket cover since I have to replace it anyway.

How much water (and where is it) is the cover holding? It may be a coincidence. Have you used the spa much since the storm? How often have you completely removed the cover since the storm?

The water is on the bottom (spa water side) of the cover. After it rains I go out and open 1 side of the cover and see water streaming out of the 3 grommeted holes. It takes about 2-3 minutes for the streams of water to stop.

The spa is used at least once per day, everyday. The hail storm was over a month ago. It has rained about 3 times since then.

This is a good idea of course, but he expects me to buy a new cover from him, which I would, but I'm not impressed with the cover quality from Hot Spring and would rather buy an aftermarket cover since I have to replace it anyway.

What is it about the cover that does not impress you?

You don't have to commit either way to your dealer right now. Just tell him one thing at a time. Then decide later.