Aqualink Will Not Turn Off Pool Filter Pump

bfrench

The pool filter pump stays on even when the Aualink RS/6 Controller is finished with the daily cycle. The only way I can get the filter pump off is to go to the panel at the outdoor Aqualink unit by the pool equipment and flick the circuit breaker off. I tried scrolling from Auto to the service button, but the pump still stays on.

Could be microprocessor lockup - try turning off the power to the system (breaker) disconnect the battery, turn power back on then reconnect the battery. Next reset time and date, and functions. Hope that works - there are a couple of other things it might be, but this is fairly common. Good Luck

The pool filter pump stays on even when the Aualink RS/6 Controller is finished with the daily cycle. The only way I can get the filter pump off is to go to the panel at the outdoor Aqualink unit by the pool equipment and flick the circuit breaker off. I tried scrolling from Auto to the service button, but the pump still stays on.

It could be any of 100 things but is it your freeze protection? How cold is out outside? Otherwise contact Jandy tech support or your dealer - who will fwd you to Jandy tech support.

If what AZM says don't work, then it's probably a stuck relay. If you take the cover plate off the outdoor panel, Tap the relay that is in the upper most left corner with the but of a screwdriver. Thats where the filter pump relay is usually. If it goes off, then thats it. About 100 bucks in nor-cal.

This may give a cause of the symptom:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...=&pid=72514

• Thanks 1

Could be microprocessor lockup - try turning off the power to the system (breaker) disconnect the battery, turn power back on then reconnect the battery. Next reset time and date, and functions. Hope that works - there are a couple of other things it might be, but this is fairly common. Good Luck

Thanks AZM I will try that!

If what AZM says don't work, then it's probably a stuck relay. If you take the cover plate off the outdoor panel, Tap the relay that is in the upper most left corner with the but of a screwdriver. Thats where the filter pump relay is usually. If it goes off, then thats it. About 100 bucks in nor-cal.

Thanks Pool Clown,

The link you sent me was the exact same problem I'm having. We don't have ant problems, but I did notice a

spider nest so maybe that's what happened. Thanks!

Pool Clown,

You were right it was the pool filter pump relay. After I tapped it with the screwdriver it started working until I went to put

on the cover and it got stuck on again. I'm assuming I need a new filter pump relay correct? Where is the best

place to buy one, also are there instruction for installing it? Does this sound like the right part - Jandy Aqua Link 3 hp. Relay With Harness - JDY-R0658100?

Thanks,

Brett

• Thanks 1

Now-a-days (internet) There's quick, and then there's cheap. Take your pick. You can probably find one on-line cheaper than one at the pool store down the road. But the pool store may have it today. About a Benjamin off-line.

Is this the right part - Jandy Aqua Link 3 hp. Relay With Harness - JDY-R0658100?

Now-a-days (internet) There's quick, and then there's cheap. Take your pick. You can probably find one on-line cheaper than one at the pool store down the road. But the pool store may have it today. About a Benjamin off-line.

Is this the right part - Jandy Aqua Link 3 hp. Relay With Harness - JDY-R0658100?

Yup, thats it. If you have the means, check the current draw through the relay when you get it back together. High current draw will also cause a relay to stick. You may not be through spending money.

Yup, thats it. If you have the means, check the current draw through the relay when you get it back together. High current draw will also cause a relay to stick. You may not be through spending money.

Thanks,

The system is about 10 years old so hopefully that's all it is.

• 11 years later...
On 3/15/2009 at 11:08 PM, Pool Clown said:

This just saved me from a week's worth of frustration.  Thanks!