'frozen' Sundance Capri Jet

linD43

Hi All,

Just bought a used Sundance Capri tub - love it !

It has one adjustable jet that is stuck closed (silver ring won't turn), several others are quite 'tight' but as I am not interested in closing them it's a non-issue.

I have even had someone with 'muscle' try to wrestle this open ... but no go. Any tricks? I can live with it but if it's fixable without major effort or expense then I'd like to fix it. : )

linda

'Have spent way too much time on the computer ... going out to decompress in the tub!!! ;)

Hi All,

It has one adjustable jet that is stuck closed (silver ring won't turn), several others are quite 'tight' but as I am not interested in closing them it's a non-issue.

I have even had someone with 'muscle' try to wrestle this open ... but no go. Any tricks? I can live with it but if it's fixable without major effort or expense then I'd like to fix it. : )

linda

'Have spent way too much time on the computer ... going out to decompress in the tub!!! ;)

First i need to know what year the capri is and which jet you are talking about.

Hi All,

linda

First i need to know what year the capri is and which jet you are talking about.

Previous owners claimed it was a 2004, though it does not have a dual filter. The stuck jet is one in the set of 6 rotating jets.

Hi All,

linda

Previous owners claimed it was a 2004, though it does not have a dual filter. The stuck jet is one in the set of 6 rotating jets.

the only thing you can do is take a pair of channel lock pliers and put on the jet turn it counter clock wise till it comes out your are probably going to break the tabs that holds it in though if the jets are not removed every once and a while they will get stuck and thats all you can do the replacement part number is 6540-347 i hope this helps.

Hi All,

linda

the only thing you can do is take a pair of channel lock pliers and put on the jet turn it counter clock wise till it comes out your are probably going to break the tabs that holds it in though if the jets are not removed every once and a while they will get stuck and thats all you can do the replacement part number is 6540-347 i hope this helps.

Thanks James! Guess I'll wait to tackle it when I drain it. I'll be sure to have a spare ring or 2 ready as I'll probably take them all off and clean them.