Price Check On A 2003 Aretisan Aspen Spa (bronze Series)

dtherio

Hi all,

Just got off the phone with the original owner of a 2003 Arteisan Bronze Series Aspen spa. He says it works great, he uses it daily. Claims to drain and replace the water every 60-90 days. He also said that about 1.5 years into owning the spa it developed a leak. They said it was not repairable so they replaced the tub.

The enclosure is redwood vs. a synthetic material. He has re-stained it. I am going there tomorrow to do a wet test. He asking $2250.00 for it. I would have the cost of moving it (he is about 1 hour drive away). I already have a 60 amp GFCI breaker installed for a tub and a cement patio to put it on. He also mentioned that the cover should be replaced as it has reached the end of its life.

While I really like the D1 I wet tested the other day, I am thinking getting a decent used spa would be a better move to make sure I will actually use it on a regular basis. That and I like the lower price point.

I found the manual for this unit online on the Artesian website.

The owner of the spa has the original sales receipt and maintenance records for the spa.

What do you folks think a spa of this vintage and brand should be worth? Assuming of course that after I see if I am interested in it.

Thanks

I would offer 2000 you've got the expense of a new cover to add on. Wood skirts can be troublesome if they have not been treated at least once a yr (location has a lot to do with how they hold up) SW they dry out other parts of the country you deal with moisture look closely all around the tub for any indications of rot or warping of the wood. The tub should be a full foam and that usually helps hold it together for moving.

Hello H2O Bear,

I would offer 2000 you've got the expense of a new cover to add on. Wood skirts can be troublesome if they have not been treated at least once a yr (location has a lot to do with how they hold up) SW they dry out other parts of the country you deal with moisture look closely all around the tub for any indications of rot or warping of the wood. The tub should be a full foam and that usually helps hold it together for moving.

Thank you for the comments and suggestions. I planned on checking out new cover prices and wanted to subtract that cost from his asking price. Good points on the cabinet. On the phone it sounds like he has taken good care of it, but only a viewing will tell. I will wet test it tomorrow as well.

If I decide to get it, I will need to find a friend with a truck with a hitch then probably will need to rent a trailer to move it.

Dale

p.s. wondering what the 'bear' in your nickname refers to, if anything. I used to run a 'bear' website.