Jetsetter Spa Not So Hot

But it still will only get to 104 just a little faster

It should go to @ 107. How do you know the temp?

You may have a defective thermister.

Nope, 104 is max.

The heater itself will heat around 108ish before the hi limit trips, but the thermister will only allow to 104.

For instance, since I dont have the original thermister in my heater, it will heat the tub to around 108 or so. I cant remember how or which it is, but it's allowing it to heat that far.

Nope, 104 is max.

The heater itself will heat around 108ish before the hi limit trips, but the thermister will only allow to 104.

For instance, since I dont have the original thermister in my heater, it will heat the tub to around 108 or so. I cant remember how or which it is, but it's allowing it to heat that far.

Hi, I have the Jetsetter a 2001 model and when I have it on Umt3 it goes up to 107.5, I was told by my dealer that at the end of 07 they made a regulation that tubs couldn't go past 104 but anything before that on a jetsetter should get higher. When I go buy my chemicals I always look at the new updates on my tub and the new ones don't even have them umt settings its just 104. :huh:

Nope, 104 is max.

Hi, I have the Jetsetter a 2001 model and when I have it on Umt3 it goes up to 107.5, I was told by my dealer that at the end of 07 they made a regulation that tubs couldn't go past 104 but anything before that on a jetsetter should get higher. When I go buy my chemicals I always look at the new updates on my tub and the new ones don't even have them umt settings its just 104. :huh:

Hottublady is right on. On your model UT 1, 2, 3, and 4 is 'Upper Temperature' 105,106,107,108. The UL code would only let tubs have a temperature listing of 104 and that was their way around it.

With that said, if you are using a $10 thermometer chances are that the thermometer is wrong. The cheap pool thermometers are not very effective at the higher temps. Try a medical thermo. If not, as someone already stated you may need a new control thermistor or on rare occasions a new control panel.

Running the tub 220 volts will have no effect on the maximun temp as someone else indicated, just will heat it up faster initially.

Hottublady and DanTheSpaMan are both correct.

Hot Spring spas prior to 2007 that had the UT1, UT2, UT3, UT4 settings should go up to approximately 107.5F. Switching to 220V is beneficial, but does not allow higher temperatures. 220V simply allows the spa to heat MUCH faster. On a Jetsetter which is powered 110V the heater runs at 1.5KW (1500Watts). When powered 220V the heater runs at 6KW (6000Watts). It should heat up four times as fast.

The other benefit to being wired 220V, is that the spa can heat while your jets are running (it can't do this 110V).

As DanTheSpaMan indicated, if you're using an inexpensive floating thermometer, I wouldn't trust it. However, if your spa truly isn't heating higher than 103F, there's a possibility you may need to replace the thermostat in the spa.

Most of my customers tell me they use their spas at 102F and can't handle much warmer than that. So unless you really prefer it hotter, you may have nothing to truly worry about.