Oc Spa Magestic M850l $4999.99

jtravel

>> "Is it me??? Or does Hot water sound scary close to someone else that used to be on this forum."

>> "LOL, I sent a PM on that same subject to one of our other posters here about 4 hrs ago. The rhetoric does have a certain ring to it LOL."

Atta boy, guys. First Dr. Spa gets all huffy and closes another thread, now you guys don't like the argument about thermal pane v. foam, so you make insulting references likening me to Jimmy Jim.

I'm trying to explain why I prefer certain designs over others. I'm not in the industry. I bought my tub at <gasp> Costco. I don't rant and rave about nonsensical safety issues and all that. If you don't agree with my reasons, wonderful.

What's next? Gonna gang up and ban me from the board?

>> "Is it me??? Or does Hot water sound scary close to someone else that used to be on this forum."

>> "LOL, I sent a PM on that same subject to one of our other posters here about 4 hrs ago. The rhetoric does have a certain ring to it LOL."

Atta boy, guys. First Dr. Spa gets all huffy and closes another thread, now you guys don't like the argument about thermal pane v. foam, so you make insulting references likening me to Jimmy Jim.

I'm trying to explain why I prefer certain designs over others. I'm not in the industry. I bought my tub at <gasp> Costco. I don't rant and rave about nonsensical safety issues and all that. If you don't agree with my reasons, wonderful.

What's next? Gonna gang up and ban me from the board?

While long winded most times I feel your posts are concise and logical. So there is no way you can be Jimmy. But you do have a tendency to be closed and self centered towards your opinion.

I was leaning toward a Thermal Pane design at first because of its energy efficiency and ease to get at and repair.

I live in Arizona, a hot climate and have some concerns now about higher temps in the cabinet causing premature failure of electronics and pumps.

Would I be better with a full Foam tub in this situation?

>> "Would I be better with a full Foam tub in this situation?"

I think you're looking at things quite carefully and thoughtfully, but I wouldn't worry too much or let that be the deciding factor in the foam v. thermal pane question. Even 120F (49C) is probably not much of a strain for the motors, and most of the time the motors are going to be off. Electronics don't like heat, you're absolutely right with that as a general concern. But the control electronics in a spa are low power. Think of your car radio or digital dashboard. The interior of a dark colored car with a dark colored interior on a warm day can bake away at up to 180F or higher... and it's not really a problem. And, the car radio power amp stage is much higher power electronics than spa electronics. Well, except for the heater and relays in the spa... but those are designed for high temps to start with.

I live in CA which is a far cry from the high temps you get in AZ but still, it gets warm here in summer. I find that I don't use the spa much when it's hot out (100F or 105F peak temps where I live) and if I do, I turn the water temp down. The heater seldom comes on except when I'm in the spa at night. When not actually in the spa with the pumps running, the cabinet air temp won't be much different than the water temp (assuming you've purchased a well sealed spa or sealed up a less expensive one yourself). As an aside, from my experience in CA, I think that the bigger problem is that if you get many days of 110+ temps in a row, as you might well see in many parts of AZ, the water temp can get too high - above 104F - even without the heater coming on.

Finally, if still worried and into such things, you can add a two vents (one up high and one down low) to the cabinet, say, on a service panel near the equipment. You can cover the vents up - or replace the panel with a non-vented one - during cold weather to get the maximum thermal performance and open them in hot weather -- when it's hot in AZ thermal efficiency isn't going to be a concern. But before doing this, I would take some temp measurements. I kinda doubt that doing anything is really necessary in most cases, but it's a good thing to take some measurements on your actual equipment in your actual environment rather than rely on "shoulda-oughta" comments.

If I recall correctly, Arctic - a spa that I personally feel is very good design - offers a vent panel for warm weather. I could be mistaken about this, though... might have been a different manufacturer.

If I recall correctly, Arctic - a spa that I personally feel is very good design - offers a vent panel for warm weather. I could be mistaken about this, though... might have been a different manufacturer.

The vent panel was there solution to temp creap in hot weather.

Hot water is right, as long as you buy quality never let the insulation skeem be the deciding factor. Let your butt (wallet and cheeks) decide. And your comfort in the dealer and price.