Water Has A Bad Odor

Wmartin

New spa owner, I received it about the end of August. Recently there has been a slightly bad odor and the water is as clear as it has been.

I have a Sundance Optima with Ozonator, filter and cartridge

I use test strips that check water about twice a week since I am new. Readings stay in acceptable ranges:

1)Ph 7.2ish, Readings were always low at first but when I fix Alkalinity the ph has been fine

2) Free cholorine .5-1 in the beginning weeks (since I have an ozonator and use shock I was told this was okay) Then I started using more cholorine as the water turned less clear and started having an odor

3) Alkalinity stays around 80

4) ppm Stabilizer 30-50

Any suggestions? THANKS

New spa owner, I received it about the end of August. Recently there has been a slightly bad odor and the water is as clear as it has been.

I have a Sundance Optima with Ozonator, filter and cartridge

I use test strips that check water about twice a week since I am new. Readings stay in acceptable ranges:

1)Ph 7.2ish, Readings were always low at first but when I fix Alkalinity the ph has been fine

2) Free cholorine .5-1 in the beginning weeks (since I have an ozonator and use shock I was told this was okay) Then I started using more cholorine as the water turned less clear and started having an odor

3) Alkalinity stays around 80

4) ppm Stabilizer 30-50

Any suggestions? THANKS

Drain and refill. Use chlorine weekly. The Sundance ozone isn't what it is cracked up to be.

Drain and refill. Use chlorine weekly. The Sundance ozone isn't what it is cracked up to be.

I have a new Sundance optima (July 2006) with Ozanator and use the Nature2 cartridge. I had problems keeping the water clean and smelling good when I was just using MPS to shock the water. I drained and refilled. I still have the Nature2 but, I only use Dichlor. I use the dichlor each time we exit the spa, 2 tsp, and then I use the dichlor weekly to "Shock" the spa. Since I started using this, the water has stayed crystal clear and it smells great.

The Nature2 cartridge is really not what it is cracked up to be. It will work but, only when used with Dichlor (Spagurad Chlorine Concentrate).