Pacific Hot Tubs - Bankrupt

Tanod

If it was in reference about other tub companies "taking a big hit" Its just what it is. That doesnt mean they are going to fold or are in trouble. Lots of companies will see a decrease in volume this year especially if dealers havent been able to secure financing from GE for floor plans.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to make sure your "facts" are "facts" before posting them as "facts". Lots of assumptions in this post that are posted as "facts".

You may want to follow up a statement like this with evidence against the alleged unfactual statements. Otherwise it's meaningless.

I just had confirmation from our dealer indirectly today that they declared bankruptcy yesterday. I have a part being replaced and have to pay for it. No communication from the dealer the brother I was dealing with is no longer working there, I don't know what that means in regard to the dealer himself.

If everything goes under will another spa company service my spa? the technician is telling us that parts are generic etc. I have no confirmation about the dealer but I'm panicking right now.

The alternative to Pacific Spas is h2ospas they use parts almost identical to Pacific in fact it is difficult to see the difference except that Pacific were more expensive.

I understand that they may be negotiating with Gecko to help solve this problem

Maybe contact www.h2ospas.ca and see if they can help

It was official to mostly all dealers yesterday that Pacific was filing for Bankruptcy.

It definitely wasnt because of a bad product. I see it as a combination of the company being not aggressive enough & the extremely high dealer cost for the tubs that just didnt produce the volume needed to stay afloat. For an example their largest model The Endeavour fully equipped ran the dealer in the range of $13,000.

What do you expect to happen to the Pacific line Pathfinder? Any chance someone else buys them, or is this the end as we know it of Pacific?

A general statement about the economy and the industry:

It is not likely that anyone would buy them. My opinion.

Dont rule out h2ospas.ca, they have a product line very similar to Pacific including Gecko controls

How many dealers are actually affected by this in the U.S.

I know there was a dealer in N.J. but were there any others? maybe 3 or 4? I bet there are dealers that sell more spas per year than that company made. Does anyone know a dealer that actually sold these spas?

Unless they switched sources, I think a pretty big online retailer had Aber/Pacific build there private label spas. I may be confusing companies though.

How many dealers are actually affected by this in the U.S.

I know there was a dealer in N.J. but were there any others? maybe 3 or 4? I bet there are dealers that sell more spas per year than that company made. Does anyone know a dealer that actually sold these spas?

Unless they switched sources, I think a pretty big online retailer had Aber/Pacific build there private label spas. I may be confusing companies though.

Pacific used to be called Aber, I think they did a name switch for obvious marketing reasons.

Yes gekco is a big Company.

Pacific hopefully will not disappear. The bank HSBC in the united states is causing all the problems. Filing for bankrupcy allows compannies time to regroup and refinance. A lot of people work at Pacific. lets hope it all works out.

Somebody said it earlier about textron pulling out. A lot of manufactures are going to have a hard time moving thier spas out this year.

Bankruptcy in the US and Canada are very different. In the US there is filing for Bankruptcy protection to restructure and Declaring Bankruptcy in which your done and the court appointed creditor liquidates everything.

Canada its your closed and court appointed trustee tries to find a buyer if its a whole companies with assest and stock if no takers its liquidated off.

Bankruptcy in the US and Canada are very different. In the US there is filing for Bankruptcy protection to restructure and Declaring Bankruptcy in which your done and the court appointed creditor liquidates everything.

Canada its your closed and court appointed trustee tries to find a buyer if its a whole companies with assest and stock if no takers its liquidated off.

Pacific wouldn't have been dealing with US banks though right? and yes bankruptcy is different in Cdn and U.S.

H20 is still in Business I talked with couple guys today. I know that Coast Mountain spas made by them no longer exists but that was mainly made for a french company. 2 other small local makers went under.

H2o spas is still in good shape they have a new premises at River Road in Delta BC. They were manufacturing spas for Coast Mountain European division but there was no demand so they ceased making them. They now just make their own h2o brand.

They have 32000 sq ft of manufacturing space at their new location and are very active in Western Canada. They are one of the three spa manufacturers left in Western Canada,the other two being Coast Spas and Beachcomber.

H2o use Gecko equipment for their North America customers and Balboa for their European spas.

<_< carusious is in fact affilliated with H20 i can tell by the way they are promoting thenselves. Anyway all dealers can get the components through Gecko without a problem, Its not getting the parts but who pays for them, I doubt if gecko would warranty direct from a dealer, If anyone knows different reply

• 1 month later...
They are one of the three spa manufacturers left in Western Canada,the other two being Coast Spas and Beachcomber.

Carosious, the two brands you mentioned are produced in British Columbia.

Arctic Spas (Thorsby, Alberta) and Sunray Spas (Edmonton, Alberta) are also made in Western Canada. We're both still around.

This is a big indicator on how I think Textron has & will affect the market. Once they cut out that left GE, Which I find is much more strict in their requirements for credit. So if a dealer relies on a flooring plan which they now cant get, they are now only ordering 2 or 3 tubs cash.

I was wondering whether that was really going to be a big issue when it was first borught up or if it was going to work itself out somehow.

Hello Tanod,

I just had confirmation from our dealer indirectly today that they declared bankruptcy yesterday. I have a part being replaced and have to pay for it. No communication from the dealer the brother I was dealing with is no longer working there, I don't know what that means in regard to the dealer himself.

If everything goes under will another spa company service my spa? the technician is telling us that parts are generic etc. I have no confirmation about the dealer but I'm panicking right now.

Something to think about or possibly check into. If you paid for your tub on a credit card and if your still under warranty, often times the credit card company can help you out. Many times the warranty is extended with credit card purchases (not sure if you are in the US or Canada, so the rules may be different).

I know that when a computer peripherals company I worked for in the 80's and early 90's went out of business, they had tons of customers getting refunds up to 1 year after the company went under from their credit cards since they no longer had a warranty (we offered between 3 and 7 year warranty's on our products) since the company was gone.

I loved that they were able to do this as the company had been sold and the new owner was a jerk and was responsible for the company going under. And he was the reason I quit 2 years before the died (they lasted about 1 year longer than I expected).

Also, in the case where the customers got their money back, they got to keep the product. Of course I don't know if your credit card company (if you used a credit card) offers the same protections or not, but it is worth a shot.

Dale

• 4 weeks later...
The dominoes are starting to fall. Many of the spa manufacturers are out of cash and now that Textron and American General are out of the spa financing business, the industry is starting to collapse...dealers as well as manufacturers.

Terminator

So will that eventually mean that they're all going under and that our spas are worthless if something major goes wrong?

No, they're not all going under but certainly some will go just as Infinity went away. The stronger companies should stick around fine and in the end the industry would be better if companies like Infinity, Tatum, Master and Thermospas went away but time will tell.

Who is the manufacturer of the spa you purchased and have you called them to confirm what your dealer told you?

well sorry to say the big ones are going also Pacific spas is bancrupt and they made one of the best spas available

The dominoes are starting to fall. Many of the spa manufacturers are out of cash and now that Textron and American General are out of the spa financing business, the industry is starting to collapse...dealers as well as manufacturers.

Terminator

So will that eventually mean that they're all going under and that our spas are worthless if something major goes wrong?

No, they're not all going under but certainly some will go just as Infinity went away. The stronger companies should stick around fine and in the end the industry would be better if companies like Infinity, Tatum, Master and Thermospas went away but time will tell.

Who is the manufacturer of the spa you purchased and have you called them to confirm what your dealer told you?

well sorry to say the big ones are going also Pacific spas is bancrupt and they made one of the best spas available

Pacific was not very big.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Pacific Spa in Sept. 07.....has been working like a charm. On Sunday the button for pump #2 on the sealed control unit quit working. Phoned my dealer on Monday and found out Pacific had gone tits up. So much for my warranty. However they are going to charge me their cost for the new control unit and free labour for the install. I buy all my chemicals from these guys so I'm a loyal customer. It's all too bad - it's a quality tub as compared to other ones I have seen. I live in Ottawa ON.

• 4 months later...

I have a dream. This would be to recreate The Brand of Pacific Spas. I am a mold builder, pool builder and a former Pacific Spas dealer. This dream may sound impossible but "I am looking for a partner someone to help get things done". What I have is the Pacific Spas Web Site, Trade Name, Sever, Computers, Molds, Plugs, start up materials and some equipment. If you need to verify just email info@pacificspas.ca

Signed

Crazy Dreamer

I have a dream. This would be to recreate The Brand of Pacific Spas. I am a mold builder, pool builder and a former Pacific Spas dealer. This dream may sound impossible but "I am looking for a partner someone to help get things done". What I have is the Pacific Spas Web Site, Trade Name, Sever, Computers, Molds, Plugs, start up materials and some equipment. If you need to verify just email info@pacificspas.ca

Signed

Crazy Dreamer

LOL....Good Luck....Keep us updated on that.

Signed

Crazy Dreamer

You can count on it!

Signed

Crazy Dreamer

You can count on it!

sunnybea i might be interested could you please contact me when you get a chance?