Help! I Dont Know How To Read The Litmus Strips.

ManuBoy808

I do not, for the life of me, know how to read the results of the litmus strips when i test the water.

It works..the colors change, but in my opinion, its not clear as to which color is which. I cant tell if its low or high or in the middle. Some of the colors look like they can be a few different ones.

Any advice for this? Is there some type of "digital" tester I could use?

:huh:

I do not, for the life of me, know how to read the results of the litmus strips when i test the water.

It works..the colors change, but in my opinion, its not clear as to which color is which. I cant tell if its low or high or in the middle. Some of the colors look like they can be a few different ones.

This is the same problem many of us have. I use a Taylor drop test kit. I use a K-2005 but most recommend the K-2006 as it is more accurate.

Here's what I use:

http://www.aquachek.com/PublicPopups.asp?a...duct&PID=24

I have had a much better time with the Leisure Time brand strips (for bromine) than other brands I have tried. Color changes are much clearer.

Of course if you are color blind to any extent it could be problematic! They do make digital strip readers.

Of course if you are color blind to any extent it could be problematic! They do make digital strip readers.

If you use the Taylor K-2006 for chlorine (or the K-2106 for bromine), you simply count the drops until the sample turns clear. You can see a demo of it here. You can get the Taylor K-2006 for a good online price here or you can get the TF100 test kit from tftestkits.com here with the latter kit having 36% more volume of reagents so is slightly better priced "per test". If you already have the other tests you need and just need a chlorine test, that is also available here.

Richard