Am I Getting The Runaround?

rckymtntim

Hi all. I did my research online and visited several local hot tub dealers and decided to buy a Marquis spirit hot tub. The dealer was very nice and answered all our questions. We paid for the tub on December 20th. He told us the factory was down for the holidays and retooling which seemed reasonable to me. That was the last I heard from him. I'm not in a real big rush but after 4 weeks I'm concerned and returned to the store on January 17th. I spoke to him then and he told me because of the holiday on Monday Jan. 19th he would get in touch with me on Tuesday the 20th. He never called. My question is, is this guy giving me the runaround and I need to act quickly to cancel this deal or is this legit? The dealer did come recomended by friends and we really like this tub. Any and all comments are welcome. thanks in advance.

I assume The dealer ordered a spa for you.

What was the estimated delivery date given to you when you ordered the spa?

You also can always call Marquis and Discuss the situation with them. They should be able to tell you if that spa is on order, and an apx delivery time from them to the dealer.

It is tough at times to get spas in January due to shutdowns and holidays, I am not sure how marquis operates, but you can always ask them for peace of mind..

Your dealer is telling the truth about the factory being closed for the holiday/re-tooling. I know the factory is busy with orders that accumulated during the down time, so I would give it another couple weeks. But I would call the dealer and ask him why he didn't give you a call..could be a simple mistake.

Your dealer is telling the truth about the factory being closed for the holiday/re-tooling. I know the factory is busy with orders that accumulated during the down time, so I would give it another couple weeks. But I would call the dealer and ask him why he didn't give you a call..could be a simple mistake.

Thanks for that info Markee, I am happy to hear that.

This is a good Question

When I paid for the spa 0n 12/20/08 he told me they were down for the holidays and he would get back to me on 1/6/09 about a timeframe. I didn't hear from him and went in on 1/17/09. He told me he would talk to them on Tuesday 1/20/09 as Monday was the MLK holiday and he would call me after he talked to them at the factory. I called them back 2 hours ago the man I was dealing with was not there. I was transferred to the person who handles the orders. She told me she would look into it and call me right back. Still no call.

This is a good Question

When I paid for the spa 0n 12/20/08 he told me they were down for the holidays and he would get back to me on 1/6/09 about a timeframe. I didn't hear from him and went in on 1/17/09. He told me he would talk to them on Tuesday 1/20/09 as Monday was the MLK holiday and he would call me after he talked to them at the factory. I called them back 2 hours ago the man I was dealing with was not there. I was transferred to the person who handles the orders. She told me she would look into it and call me right back. Still no call.

If you had ordered a spa from me on Dec 20 that I did not have in stock, most likely I would not see that spa until sometime in February. But We would have told you that ahead of time. I like you would be concerned here not because of the timeframe,but due to the lack of responses from your dealer. It only takes a minute to follow-up on an order and get a status. I would also think the woman that handles the orders should be able to answer that question while you are on the phone with her.

I think a simple call to marquis would answer your questions.

Thanks Kialda. Really, all I want from the dealer is communication. Since I made the purchase I have stopped in and called and got no response. Luckily they are very close to where I work and it's easier for me to stop in. That way I can hopefully get an answer.

Thanks for the input.

Tim

Thanks Kialda. Really, all I want from the dealer is communication. Since I made the purchase I have stopped in and called and got no response. Luckily they are very close to where I work and it's easier for me to stop in. That way I can hopefully get an answer.

Thanks for the input.

Tim

The shutdown is real but the lack of communication from the dealer is not a good sign. I'm not sure I'd have expected the lady on the phone to have been able to get a straight answer while you're on hold but I'd expect one in 24 hrs. I'm with you, stop by in person!!!!!!!!

If (and ONLY IF) I still can’t get a satisfactory answer I know I would simply say “I’m only looking for information, not the spa itself. I either need an answer in 24 hrs or I’m going to need my $$ back” and I’m sure you’d get an answer very quickly.

It is easy for a customer to get spooked in this climate and certainly understandable. We have seen our share of retail stores closing taking customer deposits, unfilled promises, and finance company funds with them. This is certainly not only in this industry. But good communication is the key.

The reason I suggested contacting the factory, was simply to put your mind at ease. This dealer has been a little less than truthful to you already. If you go there and they give you an answer, will you now feel 100% confident that it is the truth? If so than fine.

How would you feel if you called the factory and you were told that the dealer had no spas on order at this time. Or they stated they were doing there best to complete the new 2009 spas for this dealer and would be shipping to them soon. Would you feel better about really knowing what's going on?

Its unfortunate as a simply return call as promised would have resolved this in the first place.

Its unfortunate as a simply return call as promised would have resolved this in the first place.

Well, I have things back on track. My call was returned yesterday afternoon and my spa is in production as we speak and she will call back on Friday or Monday with an update on shipping.

Thanks for everyones advice and comments and I'll try keep you all posted on my experience.