2005 Caldera Elation Repair?

outatime

Hi Guys

Need a little help if you can please, got a friend with a 2005 Caldera Elation spa and she is having problems with it, I used my multi tester to double check and all 230v are getting to the spa which it was but the display on top of the spa is just displaying red dashes (ie. --- ) and there is little flow in the spa but not like it should! I took the equipment panel off the side of the spa and then took the front of the blue box that all the power cables go into and there is a red on board led lighting, when you trip the breaker and reset there are 2 green leds that light for a few seconds along with the power button of the stereo but then it goes off and the led turns red.

On the GFI Sub panel there are two breakers and when I turn the first one off it kills all power and when I turn the 2nd one off (with the first breaker back on again) it doesn't do a thing and the display on the Caldera doesn't change (ie still lighting red with dashes) and I tested power from both breakers and 230v is definitely is getting to the spa.

So if the power is getting to the spa does this mean maybe the power board has blown? My friend said she used to use it and the breaker used to pop regularly and she used to reset it...maybe its one pop to many for the power board possibly? She also had an electrician round to take a look and the 230v power cable isn't heavy enough to carry the spa and the electrician thinks that's the problem but if the power is getting to the spa already and its not tripping anything now then surly it can't be the power cable!

I am thinking whatever the problem is its inside the spa, has anyone had any experience repairing Caldera spa's before and come across this one?

Hope someone can please help, my friend is a single parent and I am trying to help her out the best I can without getting ripped off! No Warrenty cover on this either!

Thank you

Stuart

Hi Guys

Need a little help if you can please, got a friend with a 2005 Caldera Elation spa and she is having problems with it, I used my multi tester to double check and all 230v are getting to the spa which it was but the display on top of the spa is just displaying red dashes (ie. --- ) and there is little flow in the spa but not like it should! I took the equipment panel off the side of the spa and then took the front of the blue box that all the power cables go into and there is a red on board led lighting, when you trip the breaker and reset there are 2 green leds that light for a few seconds along with the power button of the stereo but then it goes off and the led turns red.

On the GFI Sub panel there are two breakers and when I turn the first one off it kills all power and when I turn the 2nd one off (with the first breaker back on again) it doesn't do a thing and the display on the Caldera doesn't change (ie still lighting red with dashes) and I tested power from both breakers and 230v is definitely is getting to the spa.

So if the power is getting to the spa does this mean maybe the power board has blown? My friend said she used to use it and the breaker used to pop regularly and she used to reset it...maybe its one pop to many for the power board possibly? She also had an electrician round to take a look and the 230v power cable isn't heavy enough to carry the spa and the electrician thinks that's the problem but if the power is getting to the spa already and its not tripping anything now then surly it can't be the power cable!

I am thinking whatever the problem is its inside the spa, has anyone had any experience repairing Caldera spa's before and come across this one?

Hope someone can please help, my friend is a single parent and I am trying to help her out the best I can without getting ripped off! No Warrenty cover on this either!

Thank you

Stuart

Make sure the spa is not in summer mode. Little icon looks like sun on the display.

Pull the filter in the spa and see if flo increases.

Is the spa Heating? The circulator pump might need to be pulled and taken apart to see if debris got into the impeller.

Look at the heater relay board for any burn marks, it mounted to left side in the blu box

Thank you so much for the advice, turns out the Stereo had shorted and was the reason the rest wasn't kicking on, stereo removed and all working again! Thank you.

I've had this happen on a few, in particular it may only be the conections involved with the remote control unit. Try just unplugging all of the wires associated with the remote and you should have your stereo back.