Filtering Water Before Putting It Into Spa

Kiz

I have read about filtering water before adding it to your spa. How is this done? I would like to filter for minerals, anythin else? What filters do you use that can be added to a hose? Can you show links to examples?

As always, thanks! :)

I found this link here. IS this good? Anyone have any experience or using something else?

Would this one be OK?

I have read about filtering water before adding it to your spa. How is this done? I would like to filter for minerals, anythin else? What filters do you use that can be added to a hose? Can you show links to examples?

I found this link here. IS this good? Anyone have any experience or using something else?

Would this one be OK?

You didn't comment regarding your water source. I have my own well, and there is a tendency to get some sediment if I draw 250 gallons from the well. I got the hose end filter to use to prevent sediment getting into the spa. It works fine for that purpose.

Would this one be OK?

You didn't comment regarding your water source. I have my own well, and there is a tendency to get some sediment if I draw 250 gallons from the well. I got the hose end filter to use to prevent sediment getting into the spa. It works fine for that purpose.

If you have city water without sediment, I cant say what value add a filter might be.

Would this one be OK?

Hi there Kiz! Unless you have a particular need for filtering (such as the sediment bizdoc mentioned) you probably have no real need for a pre-filtering device. I work for a large hot tub company in Montana and a lot of our customers are drawing water out of personal wells. Though we stock pre-filters for sale, it's pretty rare any of my customers ever need them.

I usually ask people, "If you fill a bucket of water with your hose, do you get sediment or particles of stuff settling in it?" If the answer is no, you shouldn't have need for a pre-filter. Your city water should be a pretty clean source, and unless you're in a really old house, you shouldn't have to worry about rust or other contaminants being in your water.

I have never pre-filtered the water (have county water), but the owner's manual (Tiger River Spas) says to use their pre-filter. I have absolutely sparkeling water! Sounds like a marketing gimic to me.

--Nate

If it quacks like a duck....

I didn't use a filter the first time, but it is definitely worth the $$, had brown water (from a major city water supply). If in doubt buy one, its worth it...