Sta-rite Sr400na Won't Fire.

MJC

My Sta-Rite SR400NA displays E01 and won't fire. It appears to show what looks like a "r 3" momentarily before the E01. The blower doesn't run and the circuit cards don't contain any diagnostic leds. Anyone know what E01 means? It did the same thing last winter and then worked fine all summer. Is a minimum water temperature required in order to fire the heater?

EO1 is an open thermistor, Heater no longer knows the temp of the water, therefore It says no way to heat. Sta-Rite Part # 42001-0053S You can pay anywhere btwn $55 and $75 Off line. The r 3 is the rev.

THANKS! That fixed it! Strange it did the same thnig last winter and then worked all summer. When I removed the old therminster, I found the metal tip had corroded away and was hanging by the wires. I guess it went temperamental.