Jacuzzi J 280 Help

willstone24

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this. I am writing from the UK, where the temp is currently 53F !

My New Jacuzzi J 280Cd was wired up yesterday, excitement built as we filled it at 6.30PM last night, but now 16hours later it is still only at 89F it seems ot be rising at about 5F per hour is this normal ??

Also when the electrician put the cable in we set the jumper setting to allow 40A usage but the manual for Export models 240VAC 50Hz shows different jumper settings than the spa shows on the spa controller !! Can anyone confirm what my 4 jumpers should be on for 30A or 40A logic. I dont want to use 20A logic. The cable is 6mm2 capable of 63A.

Any help would really be appreciated

Cheers

Will

I have the J-280 USA model, you'll love it.

5 degrees per hour is normal, but what you describe is only half that. Is the cover on?

According to the manual on the website, you should have these settings:

JP1 1-2 OFF

3-4 ON

5-6 ON

7-8 ON(if you want Celsius)

Good luck and enjoy

Hi ChicagoMike, many thanks for such a quick reply ! I am pleased to find someone who has a J280 thats cool I am also pleased to hear that you like it, I cant wait until this evening to get in !! Cover is on I have only just clipped it down though as I had not installed the clip things, this has been done an hour now and temp seem to be going up a bit faster. How long does yours take to heat up from cold fill then Mike ?

What do the above settings give me in terms of Amps then ? Can I have both pumps on high speed and the heater on with the above settings you describe ? I have it in Celsius currently I converted to Farenheit for the forum sake.

Many thanks once again.

Oh one more thing while it is heating and pump 1 is on low power the pump makes a bit of a noise like an occasional clatter ? is this normal also ?

Will

Hi ChicagoMike, many thanks for such a quick reply ! I am pleased to find someone who has a J280 thats cool I am also pleased to hear that you like it, I cant wait until this evening to get in !! Cover is on I have only just clipped it down though as I had not installed the clip things, this has been done an hour now and temp seem to be going up a bit faster. How long does yours take to heat up from cold fill then Mike ?

What do the above settings give me in terms of Amps then ? Can I have both pumps on high speed and the heater on with the above settings you describe ? I have it in Celsius currently I converted to Farenheit for the forum sake.

Many thanks once again.

Oh one more thing while it is heating and pump 1 is on low power the pump makes a bit of a noise like an occasional clatter ? is this normal also ?

Will

I think mine heats up about 5F per hour. According to the manual, the export model at 50hz set for 40A service, draws 29 amps. In the mode you have it, you should be able to turn on pump 1 to high, pump 2 on and raise the temp and the heater will come on(red LED next to temp display). If not, something is still wrong.

I don't notice any pump noise I would call "clatter", just a low hum. You might get that looked at under warranty.

Again I'll say I love this tub. It is huge and unobstructed inside. I have a 5 year old and it is basically a pool for him.

Will

I think mine heats up about 5F per hour. According to the manual, the export model at 50hz set for 40A service, draws 29 amps. In the mode you have it, you should be able to turn on pump 1 to high, pump 2 on and raise the temp and the heater will come on(red LED next to temp display). If not, something is still wrong.

I don't notice any pump noise I would call "clatter", just a low hum. You might get that looked at under warranty.

Again I'll say I love this tub. It is huge and unobstructed inside. I have a 5 year old and it is basically a pool for him.

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for the info, so mine is not far out then if yours does about 5F per hour just seems slow when some say their tub is hot in 8 hours. We got in it last night for the first time it was amazing !! we love it, the lights at night look fantastic too, the foot well is so big I can sit on the floor and the whirlpool jet nearly knocked me off my seat ! I will check the logic on the jumpers as if I put pump 1 in high and pump 2 the heater goes off.

It seems to hold its heat really well we sat in it for an hour last night playing about with it and it only dropped by 1.5deg centigrade.

Will

• 9 years later...

hi everydody i have a problem whit my spas it all aways write fl1 i change the flow swich i remove the filter but still not working.

if i star the pump buy pushing the bottom it star and the code disapear.it run and working still the pump shut off buy itself,after she doesn t start back and still wrote fl1 and the board..i try too reset the spas a few time buy shooting off the main breaker.if you got ideas don t be shine for me i don t know nothing else what to do

thanks ghyslain