Help With Pilot Light

ashuger

I hate to sound like such a girl, but my spa is on but not heating. I think the pilot light might be off. It is going down to 20 F tonight in Seattle and my husband is out of town. I can't find a manual or anything. Can anyone walk me through this? It is a Raypak heater and is just about 2 years old.

THANKS to anyone who can help.

Allison

I hate to sound like such a girl, but my spa is on but not heating. I think the pilot light might be off. It is going down to 20 F tonight in Seattle and my husband is out of town. I can't find a manual or anything. Can anyone walk me through this? It is a Raypak heater and is just about 2 years old.

Allison

Allison,

Do you remember where you bought it? My dealer actually does emergency work!!!! Yes, I know I'm lucky! I'm sure you don't have a pilot light, unless your heater is gas fired. Perhaps you can get an emergency call into your guy, and he can walk you through whatever is wrong.

BTW, it's 21 here in the Tri-Cities, and supposed to go to 14. We're looking at highs of 8 on Saturday! And, yes, my hubby is out of town too.

Marion

Allison

Are you sure it is not electronicaly fired. Most of the newer ones are and maybe you have a flow problem. I think you need to call your pool guy. Otherwise if it is pilot fired then you need to open up the cover and lighting instructions should be right there on the inside of the cover. Locate the gas valve and turn the gas off for 5 minutes. During this time locate the pilot and thermal coupler inside the burner assembly. There may be a door to swing open. After 5 minutes turn the gas valve to the pilot position and hold down while you light the pilot, continue holding down until the thermal coupler has heated up enough, about 30 seconds to a minute and then realese. Now turn the gas valve all the way to the on position and stand back.....LOL

Is there a plug in on your heater?

Best way to handle this is to post the make and model of the spa, then the pros can tell you what to do. To save time you might want to call a spa guy in your neck of the woods right away.

Allison

Best way to handle this is to post the make and model of the spa, then the pros can tell you what to do. To save time you might want to call a spa guy in your neck of the woods right away.

Or a pool guy, it sounds to me like a built in tub with a small pool heater.

Hmmmm, your pilot light is out and hubby is gone. Where are you, maybe I can come over and light that fire for you..

Please, send photos of boat and motor..

<----official fire starter...will bring bear rug..

Does anyone else think these comments are sleazy and inappropriate? If a woman posts a question on this forum, she's looking for a serious answer, not snide, lecherous remarks. Just my opinion.

Sandi

Hmmmm, your pilot light is out and hubby is gone. Where are you, maybe I can come over and light that fire for you..

Does anyone else think these comments are sleazy and inappropriate? If a woman posts a question on this forum, she's looking for a serious answer, not snide, lecherous remarks. Just my opinion.

Sandi

Oh grow up and try to laugh a little..

Sandi

Oh grow up and try to laugh a little..

OK, I'll lighten up ... you grow up. Fair enough??

Sandi

As posted, I absolutely agree Sandi. Now, if KIALDA would have been helpful after the rude statement, it may have been able to be taken as a joke.