What's The Best Online Store To Order Chemicals?

Kiz

• 1 month later...

I have used www.swimmingpoolchemicals.co.uk once. They were quick and sent what I ordered. Investigating the prices of chemicals for a 3 part bromine system I found them competitive when I did the search. I intend to use them again.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just touting my love of SpaDepot.com to my girlfriend yesterday. They have a good selection of everything I need, great descriptions of products I'm not sure about, good prices, fast shipping and delivery, and all for a set handling fee of $3.95 for orders under $100, and no fee at all for orders over $100. Not to mention their "free gifts" for orders over $50... I went with the Devil Duck last time. Heck, they even threw in a handful of candy at Halloween time last year! I haven't even bothered with any other company since I started using them... they get my vote.

I use ebay sometimes, search for ebay store Meyer Enterprises they have cheap shipping and fast too! have them make a custom order and combine shipping Good prices! Very good ratings!

I will second the comment on Meyers Enterprises (EBAY ID is meyerenterprises ). I have ordered from there twice with quick/cheap shipping and good prices. I get my Spa Perfect, calcium and Zorbo Scum Absorbers through them. Totally satisfied.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

My name is Kris and I'm working / living in Japan. I work for a construction / management company and we recently installed an imported spa in one of our properties (Bullfrog is the brand of the spa).

I'm having a hard time finding some chemicals over here. Basically I'd like to follow Nitro's guide to water balancing and sanitation using chlorine. I've been able to locate most chemicals locally, either from do-it-yourself shops or from rakuten.co.jp.

Things I cannot seem to find are:

• ph Down (sodium carbonate aka. dry acid)
  • Non chlorine shock treatment (MPS)
  • Dichlor granules

I've used google extensively and found lots of online shops that carry these items but don't ship to Japan.

Is there anyone on these boards that has experience with buying these chemicals internationally? Perhaps even from Japan?

Kris

I was just touting my love of SpaDepot.com to my girlfriend yesterday. They have a good selection of everything I need, great descriptions of products I'm not sure about, good prices, fast shipping and delivery, and all for a set handling fee of $3.95 for orders under $100, and no fee at all for orders over $100. Not to mention their "free gifts" for orders over $50... I went with the Devil Duck last time. Heck, they even threw in a handful of candy at Halloween time last year! I haven't even bothered with any other company since I started using them... they get my vote.

I enjoy spadepot as well. They answered a ton of questions as to why their spa cleanout product was superior to swirl-away, including finding an MSDS for it for me and answering a gazillion questions. My only gripe is they don't recommend drop kits and told me to use guesst strips, but hey, everything else has been impeccable.

Spa Depot.com is definitely my choice for chems and filters. The $3.95 shipping (for orders under $100) is great. Unfortunately they don't carry drop test kits or refills. As I have switched to Nitro's Dichlor/Bleach method my dependency on chems has decreased dramatically. Currently I am going through a gallon of Chlorox about every two months (or so). So if I need chems when I do my re-fill then I use Spadepot.com

• 1 month later...

Sodium Dichlor = Stabilized Chlorine.

Sodium dichlor (sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione, chemical formula NaCl2C3N3O3) is the only popular type of chlorine that does not require the addition of either a neutralizing chemical or Cyanuric acid.

Sodium dichlor is produced by adding soda ash and Cyanuric acid to a solution of trichlor. When dried the result is a granule that may provide 56 percent or 62 percent available chlorine, depending on the method of manufacture. The 56-percent formulation is by far the most readily available of the two.

Sodium dichlor is fast dissolving, will not cloud the water and has a long shelf life. It can be used for regular and for superchlorination. Because it is fast dissolving, it cannot be used in a dry chemical feeder. It should not be pre-dissolved and dispensed in a liquid chlorinator.

Sodium dichlor can cause a build-up of Cyanuric acid in the pool water. It is 57% stabilizer (Cyanuric acid) by weight. Cyanuric acid levels should be more frequently checked. Partial drain and refill the pool is required if the Cyanuric acid level exceeds 100 ppM. One kg of sodium dichlor contains slightly more than 560gms of available chlorine and 570 g of stabilizer.

Sodium dichlor is the second most expensive per kg of available chlorine but it does not have any "hidden costs" associated with it.

Sodium Dichlor has a pH close to 7 (neutral) and so does not require any neutralizing chemicals to be added to the water. It already contains Cyanuric acid saving on this cost also.

One kg of sodium dichlor provides 560 g of available chlorine.

Dichlor is only close to pH neutral upon addition, but the process of consuming/using chlorine is acidic so Dichlor is net acidic. This may not lower the pH over time if the TA is higher since outgassing of carbon dioxide raises the pH, but it will mean the Total Alkalinity (TA) will drop over time when using Dichlor so will require baking soda to be added on occasion.

For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 9 ppm, so this means that continued use of Dichlor will build up CYA and that will reduce chlorine's effectiveness. After a month or two, the water can get cloudy unless you shock weekly and you'll need to change the water more frequently than if you use Dichlor-then-bleach instead.