My New Tub Rule: No Swimsuits

Kiz

Well... I would be reluctant to invite a group of 9 year olds in mixed company over for a natural soak :D :D lol, but thats just me. If its just me and the missus its no suits...after dark... making sure that the neighbors aren't showing any particular interest :-)

Personal policies aside, the point is that for some of us, suits are gonna enter the tub. I think the important message, as I read the comments here, is to apply a foam control approach that has the least possible impact upon the chemistry of your water. I've tried to assemble the below from least to most (chemical) impact. please add/correct/comment as inspiration strikes...

1. Best is to reduce the number of suits that enter the tub. 0 is good :-)

2. If suits have to enter, try to control the washing routine, i.e. don't wash them, washing by hand if necessary, etc.

3. If you can't control things per the above, then you can educate your guests to be "foam aware" in their own suit washing policies, and (when possible) encourage pre-soak shower/rinse

4. If foam appears, try natural maintenance steps first, such as scooping foam out

5. There are chemical products steps as well, such as regular use of an enzyme product for example. Raising CA is an option as long as balance can be maintained, etc -- I wouldn't be very fond of raising CA, if it made balance more difficult.

Frankly, if all those efforts fail, the sky won't fall and the angels will still keep on singing if you end up having to use an anti-foam product.