Cover Question?

Stevie Wonder

We are having another ice/snow storm here,, the cover is very good in heat insulation,, as the tub is 101 and the cover will ice up outside instantly ans even light snow will sit on it for days,, or until We go in.. Now my question is for the center of the cover where it hinges,, it doesn't have much insulation there,, and in the ice storm thet area sagged about a 1/4 inch.. it puddles with water in the rain.. Will the water go thru the seams into the spa? and is that little amount enough to play havoc on my ph, chem levels? Should I cover the center with something and cover the whole thing to protect it from the harsh winter weather.

Thanks,

Steve

Conceptually, this is the weakest part of the insulation system. Personally, I think that it's a bit overblown as there have been hundreds of thousands of covers that have this design and the spa world hasn't screeched to a halt... because of that anyway ;) I wouldn't worry about it messing with pH and chem levels. It's more of an insulation issue.

That said, many of us offer what we call the continuous hinge seal. It's an affordable option that fills this gap all the way across the hinge instead of just having steam-stopper pads on the ends.

• 5 years later...

Conceptually, this is the weakest part of the insulation system.

...That said, many of us offer what we call the continuous hinge seal. It's an affordable option that fills this gap all the way across the hinge instead of just having steam-stopper pads on the ends.

Reviving this old post to ask... anyone have any idea what a "continuous hinge seal" is?

One side of my Jacuzzi J-470 is higher than the other by design, which conspires to leave a puddle of water along the center line of the cover (where the stitching is) and rain is seeping through there into my tub. Jacuzzi is sending me a new cover, but based on the design, I wouldn't mind learning more about a continuous hinge seal...