Spa Algie

kathy

Have you ever heard of "sheet algie"? after months of flushing cleaning and having our water tested we were told no algie and then algie called sheet. we were told to shock it with brominating concentrate for 6 days that this algie is in the plumbing of the spa and this would kill it. we are so tired we have had this spa for a year and only used it 2 times, the manuf. has been to our home and spa shops and I feel we are getting the run around , would appreciate any help.

Have you ever heard of "sheet algie"? after months of flushing cleaning and having our water tested we were told no algie and then algie called sheet. we were told to shock it with brominating concentrate for 6 days that this algie is in the plumbing of the spa and this would kill it. we are so tired we have had this spa for a year and only used it 2 times, the manuf. has been to our home and spa shops and I feel we are getting the run around , would appreciate any help.

I'm no expert I thing its to much oxygen in the water and if thats the case its a breeding zone for bacteria.

Maybe an ozonater might help to reduce the oxygen.Like I said i'm no expert.Good question will do some research on it.

thanks so much for replying, we have the ozone, manuf said he would send us a new one which we never received. so far the "shock" seems to be working, will know in a few more days, this stuff looks really wierd. like square pieces of paper but dried it turns yellow and breaks apart. Thanks again for any help.