Adding A Blower

oggie

My old but newly acquired spa did not have a blower and I want to add one. It does have plumbing for a venturi setup. I was wondering if I could "T" into that plumbing and hook up the blower to the "T". The blower output is 2 inches in diameter so I suspect I would reduce that down to the 1 inch plumbing.The blower is 1HP. Does this sound reasonable or way off? Thanks.

It probably wont make any noticeable difference to the jet pressure, than simply opening the air dials......... More than likely, excess air will simply bubble straight up from the jets. Also reducing the pipe size will cause the blower to quickly overheat and shut down...then just die, prematurely.

It probably wont make any noticeable difference to the jet pressure, than simply opening the air dials......... More than likely, excess air will simply bubble straight up from the jets. Also reducing the pipe size will cause the blower to quickly overheat and shut down...then just die, prematurely.

I guess the consensus is I don't have a clue what I am doing with this blower. Maybe this hot tub cannot use a blower, is that possible? I don't know where or how to plumb the blower in or if it is possible. Can you give me a hint? Thanks.

I guess the consensus is I don't have a clue what I am doing with this blower. Maybe this hot tub cannot use a blower, is that possible? I don't know where or how to plumb the blower in or if it is possible. Can you give me a hint? Thanks.

What are you attempting to accomplish with the addition of a blower...better water jet action or bubbly water? Blowers that make the water bubble are separate systems with their own air jets and plumbing.

What are you attempting to accomplish with the addition of a blower...better water jet action or bubbly water? Blowers that make the water bubble are separate systems with their own air jets and plumbing.

I was attempting to get the bubbly water thing going. I have a total of 6 jets in the spa. There are two plumbing systems tied into each jet. One plumbing line is the out put of the pump, the other is connected to the water plumbing at the jets and has an adjustable air valve at the spa controls.. So if I cannot connect to either one of these two plumbing lines I can not have a blower? Is that correct?

I was attempting to get the bubbly water thing going. I have a total of 6 jets in the spa. There are two plumbing systems tied into each jet. One plumbing line is the out put of the pump, the other is connected to the water plumbing at the jets and has an adjustable air valve at the spa controls.. So if I cannot connect to either one of these two plumbing lines I can not have a blower? Is that correct?

I believe I found my answer at this site:http://www.spadepot.com/spacyclopedia/plumbing-diagram.htm There is an animated spa operation demonstration. I do not have the additional plumbing or jets for a blower setup as seen in the demo. Therefore my blower ideas are mute. I hope that the people who sent me the "2" blowers will let me send them back. Thanks for all the inputs.

• 1 month later...
My old but newly acquired spa did not have a blower and I want to add one. It does have plumbing for a venturi setup. I was wondering if I could "T" into that plumbing and hook up the blower to the "T". The blower output is 2 inches in diameter so I suspect I would reduce that down to the 1 inch plumbing.The blower is 1HP. Does this sound reasonable or way off? Thanks.

My answer to your question is dont do it. All the air blower is going to do is cool down the water as it draws cold air under the skirt and it will cool down quickly,,

My answer to your question is dont do it. All the air blower is going to do is cool down the water as it draws cold air under the skirt and it will cool down quickly,,

My dealer said that a blower is not something he recommends (although he would sell me one if I really insisted). Blowing air in, and using ozonators, influences your Ph - takes it down. I did opt to add the ozonator and he was right, the only adjustment I have to make is to add "Ph UP" (I never add "Ph Down" unless changing the water - its alkaline right out of the tap).