Cause of tiny holes in liner?

Guest Yvonne326

Guest Yvonne326

We have a Doughboy 40X18 (I think) that we bought last year. No problems until just last week when I noticed loss of about 1.5-2 inches of water a day. After careful examination of the pool liner...found three tiny holes on the bottom of the liner near the side wall. These are almost perfectly circular...largest is about 1/4 inch in circumferance. Any idea what caused these? No one wears jewelery (toe rings etc) in my pool nor anyone had any sharp toys or such. The pool is one of those partially submerged ones but that side is not the submerged area. I will patch these but am baffled on what the cause could be (want to prevent future problems of these sorts). Any ideas would be appreciated.

My problem is the same...in just one area. Someone said perhaps bugs but we don't see any and it (the pool) was put on a thick layer of fine "bagged" sand so if it was bugs, I would imagine we would have some other evidence.

hello

Sorry I don't have an answer for you BUT, I have exactly the same problem. We noticed 3 tiny holes close to each other. Now a month or so later we also noticed losing water again, and there are more tiny holes in the same area along the edge of the pool where no one usually swims. This area is right around the pump. We will have to patch several tiny holes. Also it is a new liner installed for 14 months. I suppose we will end up replacing this liner before next summer.

Please any help would GREATLY be appreciated.