Heater warranty

Guest Don

Has any one had problems with Pentair pool heaters? I have a Minmax ch 200 used about 4 month’s total. Out of the blue it starts putting out black smoke. I checked the propane pressures (all ok) checked for any thing on the heat exchanger nothing. I contacted Pentair, after a week convincing them it wasn’t my gas pressure they had a local pool repair place come out. Two days of missed appointments a guy shows up looks at the burner says I have a clogged jet and leaves. Get a call back next day it will be at least two weeks to get the part.

I live in Michigan and three weeks and counting is most of the swim season. My advice is to be wary of Pentair products. I had heard when I bought the heater they were reliable. Obviously that can’t be said for the Pentair warranty. Any Ideas or faster source for parts would be appreciated.