Temperature+chemistry At Start Up

gcgalt

I am going to be filling the tub for the first time, and my question is do I add the chemicals while the tub is heating up, or wait until the tub is at temperature to add them? I understand that I can add the chlorine while the tub is heating, but what about the other chemicals? Should I wait for the tub to be hot? Will the test strip give the same results whether the tub is hot or cold?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! :D

I am going to be filling the tub for the first time, and my question is do I add the chemicals while the tub is heating up, or wait until the tub is at temperature to add them? I understand that I can add the chlorine while the tub is heating, but what about the other chemicals? Should I wait for the tub to be hot? Will the test strip give the same results whether the tub is hot or cold?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! :D

You can add the chemicals at any time. It doesn't matter weather the spa is hot or not. You should balance the water first (PH, alkalinity, hardness and metals), then add the bromine or chlorine.

You can add the chemicals at any time. It doesn't matter weather the spa is hot or not. You should balance the water first (PH, alkalinity, hardness and metals), then add the bromine or chlorine.

Thanks for the info, after doing some research I've decided to go with the Eco One system anyway. And I know it says to bring that up to temperature first.

Thanks again.