Nature2 / Sundance / Ozonator / .... Questions?

griffe

Hey guys,

I was planning to fill my spa up today when I realized the Leisure Time startup kit my dealer gave me and the Sundance SunPurity Nature2 cartridge my dealer gave me, don't mention each other at all.

The Nature2 website found at:

http://www.nature2.com/spas2.asp

Says to use Non-chlorine oxidizer (potassium peroxymonosulfate)* and some other things that don't seem to be in the Leisure Time kit.

I am sensitive to chemicals and allergic to chlorine, this is why I decided to go with Nature2 since I don't need as much chlorine.

My question to you is does the Leisure Time kit have the things I need (just with different brand names) to use with the Nature2 cartridge? I plan to use the spa heavily at least in the beginning, just about every night before bed with 2-3 people.

I have the Sundance Altamar 880 series spa which I believe has a .3 micron filter in it.

I also noticed the Leisure Time kit revolves around Bromine but Nature2 says NOT TO USE BROMINE.

Any recommendations on what to do? Closest dealer is hour and a half away, I wonder if Wal-Mart sells some of the things I need such as chlorine?

What should I do! I wish everything could just be simple :)

Thanx in advance.

Hey guys,

I was planning to fill my spa up today when I realized the Leisure Time startup kit my dealer gave me and the Sundance SunPurity Nature2 cartridge my dealer gave me, don't mention each other at all.

The Nature2 website found at:

http://www.nature2.com/spas2.asp

Says to use Non-chlorine oxidizer (potassium peroxymonosulfate)* and some other things that don't seem to be in the Leisure Time kit.

I am sensitive to chemicals and allergic to chlorine, this is why I decided to go with Nature2 since I don't need as much chlorine.

My question to you is does the Leisure Time kit have the things I need (just with different brand names) to use with the Nature2 cartridge? I plan to use the spa heavily at least in the beginning, just about every night before bed with 2-3 people.

I have the Sundance Altamar 880 series spa which I believe has a .3 micron filter in it.

I also noticed the Leisure Time kit revolves around Bromine but Nature2 says NOT TO USE BROMINE.

Any recommendations on what to do? Closest dealer is hour and a half away, I wonder if Wal-Mart sells some of the things I need such as chlorine?

What should I do! I wish everything could just be simple :)

Thanx in advance.

The small 30 gram N2 really doesn't do much. Use the non chlorine shock before use with it and use a tablespoon of dichlor a couplel of times a week after you get out. The chlorine will be gone when you use it the next day.

The small 30 gram N2 really doesn't do much. Use the non chlorine shock before use with it and use a tablespoon of dichlor a couplel of times a week after you get out. The chlorine will be gone when you use it the next day.

The N2 cartrige says its 98 grams. Its a special N2 cartrige specifically for Sundance spa's. It clips in around the filter area.

What exactly is dichlor? I was under the impression it was the same as chlorine...?

Can you give me some examples of a non-chlorine shock?

Also I have city water which has chlorine in it. Will this effect how much chlorine I should put in it in the initial "fill up"??

dichlor (Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetriane) is the preferred type of chlorine to use in spas.

Leisure Times non-chlorine shock is called Renew.

The N2 cartrige says its 98 grams. Its a special N2 cartrige specifically for Sundance spa's. It clips in around the filter area.

What exactly is dichlor? I was under the impression it was the same as chlorine...?

Can you give me some examples of a non-chlorine shock?

Also I have city water which has chlorine in it. Will this effect how much chlorine I should put in it in the initial "fill up"??

My dealer reccomends spa 56 with has about 40% chlorine in it. But he is about a hour away and all I can get right now is spa guard chlorinaded concentrate which has 99% chlorine in it.

Is this ok?

Which is better to use with Nature2. The guy at Nature2 on the phone said to use the one with the most chlorine.

In addition I just found out a local guy has something called Ultimate which is a dichlor with ph balancer and has 36% of chlorine in it. I belive it is similar to the spa 56.

In addition I just found out a local guy has something called Ultimate which is a dichlor with ph balancer and has 36% of chlorine in it. I believe it is similar to the spa 56.

Somethings wrong there. Dichlor is considered ph neutral.

Also, be careful with percentages. Dichlor is TYPICALLY 99% chlorine, BUT the AVAILABLE chlorine is only 56% or 62% (read the label carefully to see if they're talking about "total ingredients" or "available chlorine")

Shameful plug, kind of, though extremity relevant (Chas, please let me know your thoughts on this)............ everything you want to know about chlorine, hopefully, is here;

http://www.rhtubs.com/chlorine.htm