Specific Questions: Splash Superpool Softside

Guest Shawn

Hi all, My family and I are considering a Splash Superpool. I've just got a couple of questions for those who own them:

1. Can a Splash pool be left standing year-round in a southern climate (Texas) without dry-rot/sun damage?

2. For those that take it down every Winter (probably a silly question): What do you do with all that water? Do you just let it pour out onto the yard? Do you hose-siphon into different parts of the yard (garden/planters etc)? I only ask because I can just picture 6000+ gallons of water flying under our fence and into the neighbors yard!--not good.

3. Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) with Spa Crafters? They are a Splash dealer in San Antonio.

Thanks for the replies. Who knows, maybe I can get a better deal on one now as the summer season draws to a close.

Guest spatech (the unreal one)

I've had a Splash pool about 2½ yrs. I had to take it down once to fix the supports and stored it but since have left it up. The problem I have is their info on how to support it is bogus. You cannot support it on pressure treated wood no matter how you orient the grain. I needs to be on pavers and you really need the ground compacted well as the weight will drive the pavers into the ground.

I don't think you'd have any problem leaving it up all year long in Texas. Mine is 10,00 gallons and I certainly used the water where I could when I drained but in the end when I drained it much just went away as I only had so much to water, what a shame.

Guest Guest_tony_*

I also have had my Splash Superpool for about two and a half years. I have drained mine once. I used a gaden hose to syphon. The ground absorbed all I had to give it at that rate. I leave it up all winter, but I'm in a cold weather area.

I agree with spatech, you need concrete for support. The one inch thick retaining wall higher density concrete caps work well. I have four by eight styrofoam panels under the pool to give it a forgiving bottom.

There was no dealer in my area to purchase from, so mine came through the manufacturer. Very easy to install, but like anything else, the base is important.

Great!, Thanks for the replies. Sounds like some ground prep work is in order. I used to install above ground pools during summers back when I was in college. But that was a looong time ago...I think I sill remember how to do it? I'd still like to know if anybody has dealt with the San Antonio Splash dealer. Anyone?